The Real Delta Private Jets Thread

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

The Real Delta Private Jets Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 06:51 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2019
Default Hiring Timeline.

I interviewed at a Career Expo back in early October. The interviewer said he would place my interview in the recommend for hire “pile” so to speak. Since than I have not heard back from them for 2 months. Called, emailed, still no response. I have a college who started the process weeks after me, received an offer via email, the day after his interview. Thoughts?
Old 11-28-2019, 07:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

Originally Posted by CesssnaGuy View Post
1/2 full time pay
Owch, that seems a little harsh...
Old 11-28-2019, 05:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Default Delta Private Jets

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
Schedule

We work 8 days on, 6 days off. Pilots can live anywhere within 2 hours of an airport served by Delta. The day before you start work, you get an email with dead head and/or rental car information about getting you from your home to the aircraft. Once at the aircraft, you generally remain with it and the other pilot for the entire 8 days. We are expected to be within 2 hours of the aircraft at all times in case a pop up trip comes. 95% of the time, you know what your are doing 24-48 hours out.

A normal day is working a 3 hour flight with passengers, then repoing the aircraft to get it in position for the next flight. That can be anywhere from a 30 minute flight to across the country. My last rotation only had 11 flights over 8 days, so most of the time the schedule is easy and includes a few days “off.” I had 48 hours in Key West, and was even home for one night (I live in our MX base). It is rare to fly every day of the rotation, but it does happen occasionally. One nice thing is most people don’t want to fly in the middle of the night, so our flying is done between 7am and 10pm.

Hotels

DPJ uses API to schedule hotels, so we stay at the typical Hilton, Marriott, and IHG properties. [/B]

Pay

Pay is all over the place at DPJ. Since there has been so many management teams and there are so many fleets and different pilot groups (core and managed). One Captain on the Excel might be making $80,000 while another is making $60,000). As of right now, all new FOs are paid $40,000 and all light and mid PICs are paid $60,000. Per diem is $1.88 an hour away from your home. The pay is a big draw back at DPJ, but they will be addressing it soon.
Flight Benefits

DPJ employees get Delta flight benefits and travel at SB3. We are not in CASS so we can’t jumpseat.

Minimums

DPJ will hire people with 1500 hours, no turbine, or not type ratings. To upgrade, you need 3,000 hours for insurance. We fly around 500 hours a year, so if you come here with 1500 hours, you will take a long time to upgrade.

Upgrade

Upgrades are done by a combination of seniority and merit. The check airman of each fleet have a list of all the FOs who meet the flight time requirements to upgrade. Then they discuss which ones are ready. They try to make sure to fly with every periodically to see how they are progressing. The check airman are all great people who are too busy to hold grudges and hold back upgrades for personal issues. The pilot group is too big for them to have “good old boys club” and they are too short of captains for them to hold back upgrades. Upgrades are around 2-6 months right now.

I think this should be enough to get a useful thread started.
From

Duty time limits ? Catering for flight crews ? Any benefits ? Expense reports or do they issue a company credit card for expenses ? Fatigue policy ?
I’m retiring from Part 121 carrier , what do they want to see for flight time documents ?
Old 11-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Wrenching on avionics

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: sitting

Heard there's been CEO changes over the last couple years. Any changes? Good? Bad?

Not stirring, just doing my homework.. Thanks..
Old 12-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by tennesseeflyboy View Post
From

Duty time limits ? Catering for flight crews ? Any benefits ? Expense reports or do they issue a company credit card for expenses ? Fatigue policy ?
I’m retiring from Part 121 carrier , what do they want to see for flight time documents ?
Catering for flight crews?

LOL

Old 12-04-2019, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

I’m retiring from Part 121 carrier, what do they want to see for flight time documents?
Once hired you will have to do a flight time matrix form for Wyvern/Argus certification

What, a 121 guy that probably hasn't done a logbook entry in a decade? Never heard of that!
Old 12-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Phenom Left Seat

Originally Posted by TobelemJ View Post
I interviewed at a Career Expo back in early October. The interviewer said he would place my interview in the recommend for hire “pile” so to speak. Since than I have not heard back from them for 2 months. Called, emailed, still no response. I have a college who started the process weeks after me, received an offer via email, the day after his interview. Thoughts?
Move on to greener pastures. There are tons of jobs out there. Don’t waste time worrying about the one that got away.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by tennesseeflyboy View Post
From

Standard 135 duty limits. Days have been as short as 3 hours duty to extending to 16. Crew meals provided if certain duty criteria are met. Company credit card issued and expenses handled through concur. No questions asked fatigue.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:05 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2019

DPJ has a open position on their website for a King Air 200 first officer/ captain position. Does anyone have any info on this position? Work schedule, training, etc. Looks like it’s mostly on demand ops, in and out of ATL.

Last edited by FLYGUYDTW; 12-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:44 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

Originally Posted by FLYGUYDTW View Post
DPJ has a open position on their website for a King Air 200 first officer/ captain position. Does anyone have any info on this position? Work schedule, training, etc. Looks like it’s mostly on demand ops, in and out of ATL.

It’s very sporadic work. Mostly late night parts moving to cover Delta’s AOG situations. Nothing but last minute, hurry up flying. NOT a very good time builder either. Check out WUP for a more steady gig and you’ll earn a type rating out of it too. I’ll bet the WUP pay is better as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk