The Real Delta Private Jets Thread

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

The Real Delta Private Jets Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Default DPJ Interview Gouge

Does anyone have any gouge on the interview process? I received the email regarding the video interview. Any tips or advice moving forward?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

No gouge necessary. The interview is straight forward. They want to make sure you know important FARs and that you know how to take care of the customer. There are no trick questions.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:30 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Far question like what? Can you give some examples? Video interview question, what to prep for. Also were do you go for training and how long is training? Any information on the interview process moving forword well be greatly appriacted. Does a charter pilot for dpj pay differently then a core pilot for dpj?
Old 02-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by lightchop View Post
Far question like what? Can you give some examples? Video interview question, what to prep for. Also were do you go for training and how long is training? Any information on the interview process moving forword well be greatly appriacted. Does a charter pilot for dpj pay differently then a core pilot for dpj?
They will ask the same questions any other company would. If you have done a type rating before, you should be able to answer them. If you get stumped, you probably shouldn't be flying.

Indoc is done in CVG and is one week. Then you will go to Flight Safety or CAE for your type.

A charter managed pilot is very different from a core pilot. The charter managed pilot primarily flies for an owner. Some owner pay more some less. Some owners charter their planes out to DPJ a lot, some never do.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:25 AM
Line Holder

Position: B737

Just completed the one way video interview (next step is face to face video). Ten questions, very easy. 1. Tell us about yourself. 2. Tell us why you want to fly for DPJ. 3. What makes you qualified? 4. What is your greatest failure, how did you overcome, what did you learn. 5. What was your greatest success. 6. When did you go above and beyond.

Can't remember anymore at the time, but no real stumpers, just standard HR stuff.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:12 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Talking Video interview complete

Gouge by Mach Tuck right on.......thanks for the info
Old 03-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

With all the hr questions out of the way in the first video interview, what sort of questions can be expected in the 2 way video interview? Is it with a chief pilot and a hr rep?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:10 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Default 2nd interview

Can someone please fill me in on what to brush up on in the 2nd interview? I know it's been said it's a non issue, basic stuff but I've been out of the interview loop for a long time. Currently pt. 91 and very lax. Any tips will be much appreciated!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Line Holder

The second interview is with a chief pilot and an HR rep. I have it today, but from what I am told and what 2StgTurbine said, the interview is straight forward with no tricks. Which I take as, they will ask about alternate minimums, fuel, simple FARs, customer service questions, experience questions. Basically anything that is fair game for an Air Transport rated pilot.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Line Holder

I just finished my video interview, went well, I am confident in the results.

Here is a break down of the questions asked.
-What attracts you to DPJ?

-Do you know how your service is provide here at DPJ? (you can gleam that info from the website, i.e. managed aircraft vs. JetCard.)

-You have two FMC's and one fails while you are holding short of the runway, the customer comes up into the cockpit and asks what is taking so long? What do you do?

-Tell me about a time when CRM went bad, what did you do?

-Tell me what two qualities a good captain possesses?

-Tell me what two qualities a good first officer possesses?

-When do you think it is necessary to violate a FAR or company policy?
+Lets say you are in Rwanda (not a safe place to be, but our Op Spec allows us to go there) and you Gen 2 fails, you were about to leave Rwanda for Greece.

-What do you picture a typical trip being like?

-Give me an example of a takeoff briefing you would give? (This will be particularly easy for 121 and some 135 pilots to do, part 91 may be harder)
+Industry standard- Any failures or abnormalities below 80kts should be aborted, any failures above 80kts but below V1 should be announced and a previously determined "go/no go" should be acted upon, no takeoffs above V1 should be aborted unless it is an engine failure, fire, or loss of directional control that would be deemed more dangerous to continue with, than to land the aircraft in the unusable length of remaining runway/overrun/EMAS/dirt/trees/traffic roadway/geography.

Very easy, very straightforward, if you cannot answer those questions proficiently, then I have very little advice to give. Best of luck to all.