Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Dumont or Talon? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/86795-dumont-talon.html)

Boris Badenov 03-30-2015 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Magcheck (Post 1852843)
I've seen conflicting information about this. Would you mind sharing your source?

This seems to change often. I think it partially (but not entirely) has to do with what airplane you're on. When I was hired, it was six months in DE and you can go home. I wound up staying out there for a year because of a lease. New guys on the Hawker seem to be from the east coast, mostly. I think the Challengers (at least for now) require PBI or NYC area. Not sure about the Falcons or what will happen when the Gulfstreams come online. Best way to find out is to apply, I guess. Per the CP: "We're always hiring".

Boris Badenov 03-30-2015 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by av8n (Post 1852657)
Record scratch,,,,what, that's happened to every job I've ever had.

It's certainly rare enough. The CP is a great advocate for the pilots. If he says something is going to happen, it will happen. That alone makes it a much better place to work than your average charter op.

Boris Badenov 03-30-2015 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov (Post 1852986)
This seems to change often. I think it partially (but not entirely) has to do with what airplane you're on. When I was hired, it was six months in DE and you can go home. I wound up staying out there for a year because of a lease. New guys on the Hawker seem to be from the east coast, mostly. I think the Challengers (at least for now) require PBI or NYC area. Not sure about the Falcons or what will happen when the Gulfstreams come online. Best way to find out is to apply, I guess. Per the CP: "We're always hiring".

Edit: To clarify, when I was hired, typed guys were home based DOH. I was not typed.

Braniff DC8 03-30-2015 08:59 PM

Question

I heard Talon can't find people but will work you to death! Dumont, on the other hand, keeps advertising on the Orange site. Is this just a usual repeat on the Orange site or can Dumont not find people?

Is the pilot shortage ramping up? Hell, FedEx does not have too many who want to go abroad and most would have killed years ago.

Boris Badenov 03-31-2015 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 (Post 1853205)
Is this just a usual repeat on the Orange site or can Dumont not find people?

I'm fairly sure Alex has a big stack of resumes, but over the last year, we've gone from 5 airplanes to 12 (at last count...seems to change weekly), and the schedule has improved significantly. This means a lot of hiring!

Braniff DC8 04-02-2015 12:38 AM

Dumont Questions

Is a type a must at Dumont? Can you break down the current fleet as it only shows 2 Hawkers a Falcon 50 and a Challenger 601. That's 4 and there is 12? Sounds like the perfect job!

What is average Capt pay, bennies, uniforms etc...

Majestic Jet in FL seemed great too but they turned out to be a dud. Much like Talon Air is turning out to be.

DPApilot 04-02-2015 02:53 PM

The orange site postings are recycled. As of today, we have 5 Hawkers, 3 Falcon's, 2 601's and a G-IV.

Braniff DC8 04-02-2015 08:39 PM

Ok

So is it YES on hiring and YES on type? What if you have a similar type?

Sounds like a really nice company!

Thank you for the info.

Boris Badenov 04-03-2015 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 (Post 1855113)
So is it YES on hiring and YES on type? What if you have a similar type?

Sounds like a really nice company!

Thank you for the info.

As of the last ad, no type required for Hawker pilots (both FOs and CAs). The bigger planes require a type for CAs and the FOs seem generally to come from within. This by no means official just what I've observed.

Braniff DC8 04-03-2015 10:39 PM

Alright

So you're saying there's a chance!

What's all that one in a million talk?