Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   New Gama/WHEELS UP King Air Bases (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/86909-new-gama-wheels-up-king-air-bases.html)

galaxy51 03-08-2015 07:41 AM

New Gama/WHEELS UP King Air Bases

For those of you interested in Gama/WHEELS UP, they have opened new pilot domiciles in the following locations:

East Coast:
TEB, BWI, IAD, ATL, BNA, PBI, MCO, TPA

South:
HOU, DAL

West Coast:
LAS, VNY

To apply email a Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]

Kritchlow 03-09-2015 08:35 PM

From what I've heard, this is a good place to work with one exception. The schedule. I hear on many fronts that other issues associated with a new company have been addressed. Fix the schedule and you will have all the qualified pilots you need.

MR JT8D 03-10-2015 06:11 PM

Before the schedule, I'd ask them why they're not paying for an open house in each new domicile, instead of trolling a free website.

Kritchlow 03-10-2015 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by MR JT8D (Post 1840687)
Before the schedule, I'd ask them why they're not paying for an open house in each new domicile, instead of trolling a free website.

Well, that would be nice. But if I had a guess, and it was between an open house or an announcement of a 7/7 schedule, I will bet they would get some very (over)qualified folks.

awax 03-10-2015 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kritchlow (Post 1840710)
Well, that would be nice. But if I had a guess, and it was between an open house or an announcement of a 7/7 schedule, I will bet they would get some very (over)qualified folks.

What? You mean work EVERY other week? :D

Packrat 03-11-2015 09:47 AM

When did the LAS base open. Is it at McCarren or North Las Vegas?

Fetzervalve 03-11-2015 11:35 AM

Great news on the new domiciles.

When are we going to see aircraft larger than the XLS? I thought the Sovereign was a consideration?

Another question: is it still true that King Air pilots will not be able to transition to the jet fleet(s)?

frmrdashtrash 03-11-2015 11:54 AM

8/6 schedule now?

Deserteagle73 03-17-2015 06:56 PM

Ha! Would be nice if they would do an 8/6 schedule. They need to do something. Guys are leaving in droves right now. I left just a short time ago myself to fly for the airlines. I can tell you from being there that you might want to think REAL hard about employment with this outfit. Unless you are the type of person who likes living on the road (and you will). They are not bad people, just very unorganized. The schedule is one of the top reasons guys are leaving right now. It's a simple fix, but the guy running the show in England won't budge. So the result if understaffing on the pilot side of the operation. They are having a hard time getting guys to come. If the 6/3 schedule doesn't sound bad, then give it a shot. I can almost guarantee you will be burned out in no time at all (unless you like living in a hotel room and not seeing your family). Hopefully things will change, but for the time being its a mess!
I couldn't even finish out my year there. I give the guys a lot of credit who are sticking it out there. They are stronger than me. Just too many options out there right now. Netjets and the airlines are hiring like mad right now. I made the jump and have NO regrets. Good luck guys (and gals)!

Packrat 03-18-2015 06:19 AM

Check your PMs.