Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Mokulele Airlines recent details? SIC pay? >

Mokulele Airlines recent details? SIC pay?

Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Mokulele Airlines recent details? SIC pay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: LAX ER
Default Mokulele Airlines recent details? SIC pay?

Hi,

I'm new here but I've scrolled around your forums before for airline details information. I've seen a few posts about Mokuele Airlines but nothing too recent or very vague posts and answers from what I've read. Seen very few bad comments but lots of positive comments.

I'm a senior right now at Rocky Mountain College with a major in Aeronautical Science (typical college pilot lol), looking for what to do after graduation. I have my sights set on TransPac and getting my CFI this summer but drifted away from the instructing jobs to focus on something a bit more relaxing and fun. My director preaches that we need to stop and smell the roses and thought as a 20 year old pilot, Hawaii sounds awesome to me (being a California boy).

Was wondering what the hour requirements were for SIC at Mokulele...read a lot of people say 250? Just with commercial... I assume you can't get PIC until you have 135 IFR mins?...not 135 VFR PIC mins? Also seen a lot of people say the pay is 18k a year... How is that affordable in Hawaii? Especially with my loans sitting at around 90k when I graduate?

Thoughts...Ideas? Any other low hour requirement jobs out there? I have a strong interest to get to the regionals and would love a 135 carrier like I've read Mokulele Airlines to be. Seems to be the only one I can find that isn't 500 hrs +

Thanks all!!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:30 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: 175 FO

Let me know how it goes,
I'm wrapping up and associates degree in Commercial Aviation in Honolulu. I'll be done by the end of this summer but I don't really have any "ins" at Mokulele so I'm in the same boat as you. If this doesn't work out I'll probably have to start looking at being a CFI...
Old 03-17-2015, 04:53 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

was there about a year....

Mokulele is a great way to bang out your first 1000+hrs. Not many pilots have the opportunity to have your first commercial job be in a scheduled 135 operation building turbine time. You are correct in that the SIC requirements are 250tt. Commercial ASEL and an instrument rating. All the flying is in caravans with two pilots, yes it's legit, ask our POI.....

You'll fly between 70-90hrs a month. From a class B international airport co-located with an Air Force base to 2700' strictly VFR strips on the ocean. You'll get to see snow on the volcanos and whales on the same approach. Upgrades happen when you have your 135 IFR cpt mins and aren't a complete idiot (some don't make it).

Hawaii is incredibly expensive and SIC pay is $18k a year, you can make it work if you hunker down and/or find a second job. Lots of instructing opportunities, especially on Oahu, for you CFI's.

People upgrade here and start making twice the $ and building turbine pic, folks are goign to the regionals, from both seats, as soon as they have their mins, if that's your thing.

Good company, good QOL and its Hawaii....you won't fly anythig else at this company so know that going in. But hardly a deterrent given the cost of aviation and wide open job market when you do have the mins; 135, atp, whatever.

Only other low-time options out here are air ambulance SIC, but they're hard to come by and only fly 150-200hrs a year. Or pay your way into a shorts and fly all night cargo.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Anyone know how I can apply to this airline? Company website only has the customer service number. I'm at 285 TT CSEL instrument
Old 03-21-2015, 12:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014

Mokulele just expanded up to Pennsylvania/New York to fly EAS routes under Sun Air. The bases are AOO, BFD, and JHW. You go back and forth between Pittsburgh 6 times per day. There was a posting on climbto350. Not sure if it's still there.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

I live and fly caravans out of honolulu...but not for mokulele. apparently these guys have a massive stack of resumes. Lots of guys are trying to get on, and applying here is a maze of BS. mostly luck of the draw/timing/if you know the CP personally.