Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Anybody have a current interview gouge for them? Got asked to interview for a Captain position, figured why not. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2021, 06:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by nfpilot914 View Post
Anybody have a current interview gouge for them? Got asked to interview for a Captain position, figured why not. Thanks!
There’s 5 pages of why not. Look back and read it. They are currently under investigation by the FAA for flying without an approved SIC program, which, subsequently has robbed many SIC’s of legally log-able time. All flights are conducted single pilot now. They continue to lose routes to competitors. Research “essential air service” this company will likely not be around much longer. Management(namely the owner) does not value their employees and will take advantage of any opportunity to chop salaries and push you to break regulations to operate their flights. In the last several years they had an aircraft crash, another with a wheel that fell off and a cargo door that opened during takeoff. The planes are high time and I’ll maintained. It would be worth looking anywhere else in this environment. Be warned.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by nfpilot914 View Post
I rather doubt that Boutique updates their interview questions. When I interviewed, just about everything I needed to know was spelled out in this thread. There's a lot of chaff here, but if you wade through the previous posts you won't get surprised by the interviews.

The HR interview is not much of a concern. If you can come across as mature and competent, you'll get through it. When I applied initially, it was several weeks before I heard anything. Then one evening after I'd had dinner (and a couple of beers it turns out) I got a call from Boutique. I wanted to express that I was interested and that I wanted to schedule an interview, so I answered. Yes, you've reached me, yes, I have so many hours, etc. Was a perfectly nice conversation, just talking about flying. Was probably 5ish minutes in when it occurred to me to say, hey, can we get that HR interview scheduled? "Scheduled? We don't need to schedule, we're just about done." Ah- I can hope that means I haven't been slurring... A few weeks later they offered be a job as a captain.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:49 PM
135 Survivor

Joined APC: May 2015

Skywest has pulled one or more BTQ SIC's from training. Word on the street is other 121 carriers likely to follow.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:31 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by VOLLU View Post
Skywest has pulled one or more BTQ SIC's from training. Word on the street is other 121 carriers likely to follow.
As much as this sucks for the pilot and I feel for him/her, this is good that SkyWest did this, it shows that people shouldn't go to BTQ.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by VOLLU View Post
Based off of what? Did the FAA come back to BTQ and say “tough sheet”?
Old 12-03-2021, 06:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
Based off of what? Did the FAA come back to BTQ and say “tough sheet”?
FAA said that those hours don’t count, but if those SIC had passed another checkride (i.e. ATP ride) they would be left alone.

Think it was spilled out in the BTQ forum
Old 12-03-2021, 06:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
FAA said that those hours don’t count, but if those SIC had passed another checkride (i.e. ATP ride) they would be left alone.

Think it was spilled out in the BTQ forum
Did not know that. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-19-2021, 02:35 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
Did not know that. Thanks for the clarification.
I just got a contract and last i heard they are looking for ways around with the autopilot regs and getting sic approved.

As far as the interview the technical was decode weather, and brief a approach and departure plate with unusual minimums.
Old 12-19-2021, 04:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by otakuphill View Post
I just got a contract and last i heard they are looking for ways around with the autopilot regs and getting sic approved.

As far as the interview the technical was decode weather, and brief a approach and departure plate with unusual minimums.
Buyer beware. I think it might be wise to hold off going there until they get a PDP implemented and an ok from the FAA.