Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 04-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Hey all --

Starting chatting with everybody back in the beginning of this thread and just wanted to say that I've submitted my app for an FO position and will keep the curious minds posted on how it all goes - fingers crossed!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by intherightseat View Post
Hey all --

Starting chatting with everybody back in the beginning of this thread and just wanted to say that I've submitted my app for an FO position and will keep the curious minds posted on how it all goes - fingers crossed!
What base are you trying to get?
Old 04-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
What base are you trying to get?
I know that LAX is a tough get but I'm willing to ride out the wait if need be.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

For those potential prospects , we got a Bid a few days ago. We get to bid again since we've been awarded a route out of Minneapolis St. Paul .

With that said they're looking for 5 PICs , and 4 first officers , and they still have openings in Denver as well which they are looking to fill .

This new opening may or may cause people to move, which my free up some spaces in other bases. Anything is possible.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Seriously considering applying to Boutique, but I'm curious about how the scheduling works and what your days on look like. Just trying to figure out how many adjustments we'll have to make in the family if everything works out.

I saw on Reddit that they typically schedule you 4 on and 3 off? And it seems like overnights are somewhat rare. So what does a typical day look like? How early do you start, and what time are you generally leaving the terminal in the evening? Is there much downtime between flights, or are you flying for most of the day? Are there standby schedules and seniority-based-bidding like in the airlines? Are the days of the week on which you fly consistent from month-to-month, or does it vary quite a bit?

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to make sure everyone is on the same page about what to expect should I make it through the process. Thanks for your time and input! Applying for a Denver FO position if that matters at all.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by bmo42 View Post
Seriously considering applying to Boutique, but I'm curious about how the scheduling works and what your days on look like. Just trying to figure out how many adjustments we'll have to make in the family if everything works out.

I saw on Reddit that they typically schedule you 4 on and 3 off? And it seems like overnights are somewhat rare. So what does a typical day look like? How early do you start, and what time are you generally leaving the terminal in the evening? Is there much downtime between flights, or are you flying for most of the day? Are there standby schedules and seniority-based-bidding like in the airlines? Are the days of the week on which you fly consistent from month-to-month, or does it vary quite a bit?

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to make sure everyone is on the same page about what to expect should I make it through the process. Thanks for your time and input! Applying for a Denver FO position if that matters at all.
I suggest you go back to previous posts in this thread. A lot of those questions have been answered already.

Can't vouch for Denver. Pretty sure they have PM/AM shifts (either an overnight or CDO, not sure how they do it up there) and day shifts. Not sure who said overnights are rare but that's false. Every single trip I fly out of my base is an overnight trip. Lasts about 24 hours and then I get a 24 hour break before the next trip unless I have days off. Each base is different. I suggest you ask Denver specific questions whenever you interview. Not sure if we have any DEN guys on here.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
I suggest you go back to previous posts in this thread. A lot of those questions have been answered already.

Can't vouch for Denver. Pretty sure they have PM/AM shifts (either an overnight or CDO, not sure how they do it up there) and day shifts. Not sure who said overnights are rare but that's false. Every single trip I fly out of my base is an overnight trip. Lasts about 24 hours and then I get a 24 hour break before the next trip unless I have days off.
The website says "home almost every night".

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by tlove482 View Post

Depends on the base and shift. Some are AM/PM shifts and some have AM/PM shifts plus a day shift in between. I've flown the KDEN and ATL day shifts but beyond that I don't know what other bases have them.

If you are day shift then you are home that night unless you take a delay.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by tlove482 View Post

There's a difference between saying you're home often at night and saying that overnights are rare.

Comparatively, you're home at night often.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Home almost every night...... if that really interests you, you could always fly freight.....but why that?

Because you could be gaining multi turbine time while still being home every night...depends on the run. Besides, the time at home wont last very long before you up early again to fly (Boutique or freight) so your call....single engine turbine (SIC or PIC) or multi engine turbine PIC..... just a thought. My last employer would hire the pilot with multi engine time vs the guy who was all single even if that single was turbine and the multi pilot had all piston.