Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 01-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by LATIN View Post
Go to Tradewinds , Planesence , Molulele , Southern Air Express , keep looking . In 3 months you can probably go to be a captain at a 135 somewhere . Guarantee when you have 1200 they will give you the job within 3 days.

Yeah I know but we just hit the low season and at 25-30h month.....can take me forever.
I applied to all of them :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-17-2018, 11:34 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I feel like dispatch doesn't always word things well, which concerns me because there are a lot of pretty low time and inexperienced captains on property. I was recently sitting around waiting for my plane to be released from mx and the weather at destination was <1/4 mile. Dispatch said to me, "Aircraft is released from mx, just waiting on the crew for weather."

In my opinion, that should be worded differently. When the weather isn't legal to launch, there is no decision to be made. Nobody is waiting on the crew. The crew can't do anything.

"Aircraft is released from mx, wx is still down" or something along those lines would probably help to alleviate miscommunications between dispatch and flight crews that could make pilots feel pressured to fly in weather they shouldn't, especially with recent emails from corporate about flight crews needing to do more to help with on time departures.

fwiw, the weather came up enough to launch and then we diverted lol

That number is a bit high, but turnover is about where you would expect now that the regionals have all of their crazy bonuses. I went from 108-48 on the seniority list in 13 months. I'm leaving at the end of January, and I'm not a person who is bailing for a regional. It's tough to convince somebody to upgrade to left seat and extend their contract when they can simply wait a few more months and start building 121 time while making the same amount of money.

Boutique was initially ahead of the curve on pay/benefits, but they are now unfortunately lagging behind. The recent reduction in benefits to "normal" did not do them any favors in terms of recruitment. Such is the industry right now.
Maybe 40% is a little high, but now that I've seen the NOV, DEC, and JAN schedule for DFW, 15 out of 30 pilots have left. That's about 50%.

Was always told that DFW was the better base compared to Denver, where turnover is/was always high? Also saw that Boutique has been tearing up the Orange recruiting site for two months now.

Anyways, talked to two former pilots there, one Denver and one Dallas. Neither recommended I apply there now, guess its a few hundred more hours of flight instruction.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Yeah I know but we just hit the low season and at 25-30h month.....can take me forever.

Did you look at San Juan Airlines? As the summer season comes I believe they hire a bit.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post

Man... That sounds like a gravy gig for somebody who doesn't wanna build any time, but WOOF if you need hours.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Armchair Capt

Ah, those were the days...now I want the most money for the least amount of flying!
Old 01-18-2018, 02:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Man... That sounds like a gravy gig for somebody who doesn't wanna build any time, but WOOF if you need hours.

I know!. But low season plus hurricane plus blah blah....that's why I'm looking for a job

Old 01-18-2018, 03:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by trc8301 View Post
Did you look at San Juan Airlines? As the summer season comes I believe they hire a bit.

Didn't think about them. I remember talking to their chief Pilot last year. Really nice guy.
Thanks!

Old 01-18-2018, 04:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: Freight Dog

Originally Posted by trc8301 View Post
San Juan Airlines is gearing up to hire for the Spring-Summer season. This would be a good time to contact them.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by endlessnight View Post
San Juan Airlines is gearing up to hire for the Spring-Summer season. This would be a good time to contact them.

Thanks man, I'm actually emailing them right now.
Do you guys have any additional info about them?. Not that much info around. Hours flown, schedule, anything

Old 01-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

It's good flying in the San Juans! A buddy of mine works there.