Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 03-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by trc8301 View Post
Haha Inyokern nice? If by nice you mean racial hootin and hollerin' by the neighbors with multiple nights of threats and having to call the police, it's pretty much Waikiki Hilton.

Merced and Oakland were really nice. I'd be surprised if BWI actually had one given that it is the crew base. The only crew house in the actual base that I know of is Denver, and that one has some stipulations to use.
lol yeah, I heard stories about the neighbor in Inyokern, but was fortunate enough not to meet the guy. The place was clean, but my standards aren't exactly high.

Never stayed in Merced, but Oakland was decent too.

Who am I kidding, I was just happy to have been able to swing by In n Out on the long drive there!
Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default FO interview

Hello, I was just looking for some insight on the FO phone screening interview and the official interview. Has anyone done this and what questions did they ask? I applied and would like to be ready if they call. Thanks!!!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by zionmoon11 View Post
I was also looking at the schedules.

It appears that crews might overnight in Albany. Is that correct?
Looking at the times possibly a short 9 hour overnight?

From searching the threads it seems the crew houses are an issue.

Has anyone stayed at the crew house utilized for BWI crews?

Thank you,

Zionmoon
The crew house is in Massena, not Albany. But when things break or the WX is particularly crappy, a hotel in Albany does happen occasionally.

The crew house in Massena is free of scorpions and centipedes. Two bedroom apartment, captain and FO have separate beds and bathrooms. Typical overnight is right around 10 hrs off duty.

There are two crew houses in Denver. One is often used for training classes, the other for transient crews- but that gets adjusted by need. In my training class the house was full, double occupancy in both rooms. The house was professionally cleaned once a week, and well stocked with leftover cereal bars, oatmeal packets, and creamy peanut butter. Also no scorpions or centipedes.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
The crew house is in Massena, not Albany. But when things break or the WX is particularly crappy, a hotel in Albany does happen occasionally.

The crew house in Massena is free of scorpions and centipedes. Two bedroom apartment, captain and FO have separate beds and bathrooms. Typical overnight is right around 10 hrs off duty.

There are two crew houses in Denver. One is often used for training classes, the other for transient crews- but that gets adjusted by need. In my training class the house was full, double occupancy in both rooms. The house was professionally cleaned once a week, and well stocked with leftover cereal bars, oatmeal packets, and creamy peanut butter. Also no scorpions or centipedes.
Hey I left some granola bars there a year ago do NOT touch them they are mine!!!!!
Old 03-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Hey I left some granola bars there a year ago do NOT touch them they are mine!!!!!
Gone now. Scorpions and centipedes got 'em. Hungry pilots got the bugs.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

There was a proposal not long ago to stock the crew houses with boxes of Captain Crunch. But then someone raised the concern of what FO's would eat, and nothing more came of it.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I thought it was pretty funny when I moved into the crew house for initial training and saw some non perishables with somebody's name on it.

"When were they here last?"

"Six months ago."
Old 03-14-2018, 04:41 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

I thought it was pretty funny when I moved into the crew house for initial training and saw some non perishables with somebody's name on it.

"When were they here last?"

"Six months ago."
Would be a bigger problem if they were perishables...
Old 03-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Anyone know if they pay for parking for commuters and at base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Would be a bigger problem if they were perishables...
lmao that's a good point