Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 03-17-2018, 06:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Is this a job that you guys would consider commuting for? I live in Vegas and would be able to commute to lax or phx.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by thrustisamust View Post
Is this a job that you guys would consider commuting for? I live in Vegas and would be able to commute to lax or phx.
I would not have commuted for it personally, but there's probably a billion flights a day between vegas and lax or phx so it probably wouldn't be too bad.

I don't really know anything about the phx schedule, but the lax schedule was fairly commutable when they had the inyokern route. I think it changed a bit after they last that route so they may be a few lines that wouldn't be great for a commuter.

There is/was a commuter clause in the handbook when I was there, so you're sort of protected if you can't make it. No commuter hotels or anything like that, though.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Is there anyone that has done a technical interview with Boutique and be willing to share what I need to know? Please let me know. Feel free to PM me if you rather. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-24-2018, 02:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Are there any bases which are more commuter friendly than others? Would like to apply but can't relocate at this time. Baltimore would be closest to me (about a 2.5 hour drive). All other bases I would have to fly to. Nearest airport to me is PHL.
Thanks
Pat
Old 03-24-2018, 03:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by skydreamer2015 View Post
Is there anyone that has done a technical interview with Boutique and be willing to share what I need to know? Please let me know. Feel free to PM me if you rather. Thanks for the help!
If you read through this whole thread, you will know what you need to read up on for the technical interview. Worked for me and many, many other people.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

I had my phone interview back in January, I was told the same thing to expect a call from a CP for the technical within a week. Never heard anything. I sent a follow up email to HR about two weeks ago received nothing back. I had a friend similar situation, didn't receive a follow up call for about 6 months. I do however have two friends that just upgrade to cpt on the pc12 out of dfw they love working for the company.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by thrustisamust View Post
Lots of people commute. You’ll need a crash pad though.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Any idea how many in the May class?

How long does the training typically last (PC-12)

Is it sim based or actual aircraft?

Hotel? Single occupancy? Double? Flop house? Can we stay with friends in the area while training?
Old 04-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Azorian View Post
Any idea how many in the May class?

How long does the training typically last (PC-12)

Is it sim based or actual aircraft?

Hotel? Single occupancy? Double? Flop house? Can we stay with friends in the area while training?
1. Not sure

2. Expect a month or so. Ground is a week-ish and then training is usually PICs first, SICs second. It's based on aircraft availability, and it is not uncommon to be flown to other bases to try to squeeze a training flight in between scheduled flights. I heard they bought a few more planes recently so this could be a bit shorter now.

3. Actual aircraft.

4. Flop house, with a few company provided vehicles that you'll share with the rest of your class/crews who might be tdy'd, at recurrent, etc. All rooms are capable of double occupancy but they do their best to get everybody their own room if they can. Some beds are also in the den/living room on super full days. On bigger ground schools, a hotel is not out of the question. Nobody is going to care if you stay with a pal, and your bunkmate will probably be happy.

Last edited by Toddzilla; 04-02-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Missed a detail
Old 04-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Received a call today for the May 14th class and a Denver slot, it looks like BTQ is sucking up quite a few of the ex-Lakers and the class is filling soon. They're looking for an answer within 2 days or so. Probably will have to deny and request to stay in the pool until I know for sure this is my first choice.