Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 04-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Can a current or previous Denver based FO share what their typical day looks like from start to finish? Are most captains good about sharing the flying? How many overnights are there in a week? What’s your average flight hours per month? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2018, 11:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Airport Advisory Committee Recommends Boutique Air after losing Great Lakes

After reviewing several emergency bids for an air carrier with the Essential Air Service (EAS), the City of Prescott Airport Advisory Committee has decided to recommend Boutique Air to the Council.

"Emergency" Airport Advisory Committee meeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJy2mma34U4

https://www.prescottenews.com/index....s-boutique-air
Old 04-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Received a call today for the May 14th class and a Denver slot, it looks like BTQ is sucking up quite a few of the ex-Lakers and the class is filling soon. They're looking for an answer within 2 days or so. Probably will have to deny and request to stay in the pool until I know for sure this is my first choice.
Go to the other company that gave you a job offer bud.

You know who this is.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

I have a friend who is interested in working for Boutique. If someone could drop me a PM, I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Just put an application in. 620 hours, Commercial ASEL, CFI, CFII. What are the chances of getting picked up. Anyone have any recommendations or input?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by aerobeard View Post
Just put an application in. 620 hours, Commercial ASEL, CFI, CFII. What are the chances of getting picked up. Anyone have any recommendations or input?
If you go back through the thread much i think you will see a lot of guys not hearing anything for weeks then getting a call for HR interview and then getting nothing for 3 or 4 months and then getting a tech interview, then nothing again.

on the other hand, you get other guys who had he tech, HR and the whole deal taken care of in 3 weeks time.

My hiring experience was pretty expeditious and straight forward though, everyone i've interviewed with and spoken to has been helpful and friendly. pretty smooth process. supposedly 500+/- hours is the sweet spot for FOs

good luck!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Thanks for the info. Hope to hear something soon!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Ok boutiquers...

They sent me the CTS training course, which i have since completed. They also provided a study guide for the PC-12. Using the info within its pages i have made flash cards, and have most of the information down.

I am told there will be 5 flights of 1.5 hours duration for PICs and "at a later date" a "part 135 check ride".

any suggestions as to what i should bone up on for the check ride? is the check ride an FAA thing or a company thing? There isn't a new rating or certificate involved so...?

My prior experience is part 121, we took a check ride on the airplane with a designee, but everything was aircraft specific, systems, limitations, flight.

is that pretty much what one can expect with the boutique "135 ride"

just want to be over prepared

thanks
Old 04-24-2018, 01:12 AM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

Originally Posted by Azorian View Post
Ok boutiquers...

They sent me the CTS training course, which i have since completed. They also provided a study guide for the PC-12. Using the info within its pages i have made flash cards, and have most of the information down.

I am told there will be 5 flights of 1.5 hours duration for PICs and "at a later date" a "part 135 check ride".

any suggestions as to what i should bone up on for the check ride? is the check ride an FAA thing or a company thing? There isn't a new rating or certificate involved so...?

My prior experience is part 121, we took a check ride on the airplane with a designee, but everything was aircraft specific, systems, limitations, flight.

is that pretty much what one can expect with the boutique "135 ride"

just want to be over prepared

thanks
Just know all the 135 regulations regarding rest period requirements, flight time limitations, weather requirements and the normal Opspec and GOM stuff. The ride you’re talking about is a .299 or “line check” as we call it. It’s pretty straight forward stuff.

DH
Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

As soon as you have access to Lair, find the Flight Standardization Manual. Read/learn/know/love it. Among other things, it details how to fly all the maneuvers for the checkride. (You can skip the bit at the end where it tells you where to park at different airports.) Learn the flows- all of the flows. As PIC your checkride will be single pilot, meaning you have to do everything. PIC, SIC, PF, and PM tasks all have to be done by you, in some semblance of order. Because Boutique doesn't bother to put out single pilot flows, you have to figure out/make up the procedures yourself- and you don't want to be doing that as you're flying the checkride. Unfortunately, Boutique doesn't really do a good job preparing street captains for single pilot ops- your instructors are pretty well going to teach you the same way they're teaching the FO's (who have a much easier ride awaiting them).

Ah, CTS- good that you finished ahead of time. There will be a couple of suckers who arrive at training without having finished. Ridicule them. Meanwhile, you can go ahead and forget the overwater section and the epic survival section- although I will say that since I started cooking with dried lichens, my sauces and stews are delightful.