Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Exclusive Jets

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:00 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: CE560XLS, Captain
Default Exclusive Jets (flyExclusive)

A few really good people here, marginal tier three 135 charter company, know your limitations, the 135 regs because they don't really understand and adhere to them very well? Be careful - if you are not on top of your experience and knowledge of things, they will often pressure you to do things that are unsafe and outside of the published regs? It's a place to build time, earn a paycheck, while continuing to look for higher ground. Use it to your advantage and remember, it's your ticket, protect it and don't succumb to the pressures or heckling from a few of the top brass who WILL attempt to override your authority.

Last edited by mrlucille; 01-31-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:34 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: CJ2

Originally Posted by mrlucille View Post
A few really good people here, marginal tier three 135 charter company, know your limitations, the 135 regs because they don't really understand and adhere to them very well? Be careful - if you are not on top of your experience and knowledge of things, they will often pressure you to do things that are unsafe and outside of the published regs? It's a place to build time, earn a paycheck, while continuing to look for higher ground. Use it to your advantage and remember, it's your ticket, protect it and don't succumb to the pressures or heckling from a few of the top brass who WILL attempt to override your authority.
Not sure what your referring to about understanding or adhering to regs and overriding your authority. I've been here a while now and not once (repeat) not once have I had kickback if I felt it wasn't safe or any question of legality arose. Pilot management has always had my back and the DO and CP are great guys. If it's safe and legal then you really don't have a good argument. It's 135 charter not a 121 airline and non-union. They don't have licensed dispatchers like some larger operators, but everyone treats each other with respect. Every pilot regardless of the operator should understand his/her limitations, regulations and company policy/procedures. There are a lot of good people here for sure and unfortunately a hand full of ***. No-one is forcing anyone to work so if your not happy for whatever reason I'm sure someone else is hiring.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by mrlucille View Post
And Then Some....
Now that they have ASAP, I would love to be a fly on the wall of that room where they do the ASAP meeting, can you imagine what convoluted stories will be talked about? You can write a book on:
Lack of standardization.
Improper use of checklists, if used at all (only some pilots use the checklist most of the time, none use the checklist all of the time).
Poor Maintenance.
MX items not written up.
MX procedures not adhered to.
Captains bad mouthing all of the employees of the company.
Actually performing emergency procedures.
Precautionary landings during emergency situations.
Not performing procedures (such as holds) properly.
Arguing with ATC often.
Not maintaining sterile cockpit a lot.
Intimidating, yelling and threatening if you question crewmember actions.
Pilots out of uniform often.
The list goes on and on and on, and the ASAP program will have the local FSDO bedazzled.

Oh, lets also remember when you can't book a room because the company credit cards are declined, and other pay issues.....
Mind you, the above, is only the tip of the ice berg, because the devil is in the details, and the details will come out in the ASAP program so stay tuned, make sure you seat and tray tables are in the upright position because ASAP is gonna give Exclusive Jets, a bumpy ride.
I should add there are nice people there, but nice people are not incident and accident proof.

Last edited by shlomo; 02-05-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Originally Posted by shlomo View Post
And Then Some....
Now that they have ASAP, I would love to be a fly on the wall of that room where they do the ASAP meeting, can you imagine what convoluted stories will be talked about? You can write a book on:
Lack of standardization.
Improper use of checklists, if used at all (only some pilots use the checklist most of the time, none use the checklist all of the time).
Poor Maintenance.
MX items not written up.
MX procedures not adhered to.
Captains bad mouthing all of the employees of the company.
Actually performing emergency procedures.
Precautionary landings during emergency situations.
Not performing procedures (such as holds) properly.
Arguing with ATC often.
Not maintaining sterile cockpit a lot.
Intimidating, yelling and threatening if you question crewmember actions.
The list goes on and on and on, and the ASAP program will have the local FSDO bedazzled.

Oh, lets also remember when you can't book a room because the company credit cards are declined, and other pay issues.....
Mind you, the above, is only the tip of the ice berg, because the devil is in the details, and the details will come out in the ASAP program so stay tuned, make sure you seat and tray tables are in the upright position because ASAP is gonna give Exclusive Jets, a bumpy ride.
I should add there are nice people there, but nice people are not incident and accident proof.
I am unsure if you are posting on the wrong thread or just being dishonest.

Over the past year working at flyExclusive, any maintenance issues I have encountered have been promptly addressed (mostly at Cessna Service Centers), heard nothing I consider to be "bad mouthing" or "Intimidating". Every pilot I have flown with adheres to checklists and SOPs. Arguing with ATC is just a stupid remark.

My company American Express gold card always works at the Hilton Property of my choosing and payroll is direct deposited as expected accurately twice per month.

Simply put, Shlomo's comments are not the way things are at this company.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

ASAP is really gonna ding em on that one.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
I am unsure if you are posting on the wrong thread or just being dishonest.

Over the past year working at flyExclusive, any maintenance issues I have encountered have been promptly addressed (mostly at Cessna Service Centers), heard nothing I consider to be "bad mouthing" or "Intimidating". Every pilot I have flown with adheres to checklists and SOPs. Arguing with ATC is just a stupid remark.

My company American Express gold card always works at the Hilton Property of my choosing and payroll is direct deposited as expected accurately twice per month.

Simply put, Shlomo's comments are not the way things are at this company.
The sad truth is that:
There are many more (don't tempt me) examples.
ASAP ( if used), " The truth shall set you free".

And yes, I agree, STUPID is not filling out the MEL sheet when you have MX issues.

AMEX ISSUES
It might not of happened to you, HOWEVER, it sure happened to me and others during my rotation(s). STUPID

Simply stated,
this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:12 PM
All is fine at .79

Position: Paahlot

The sad truth is that:
There are many more (don't tempt me) examples.
ASAP ( if used), " The truth shall set you free".

And yes, I agree, STUPID is not filling out the MEL sheet when you have MX issues.

AMEX ISSUES
It might not of happened to you, HOWEVER, it sure happened to me and others during my rotation(s). STUPID

Simply stated,
this is just the tip of the iceberg.
You know as well as I do that you can make an issue or problem out of anything and everything.
Certain checklist items can be memory items. Does that mean you’re not using the checklist?
If a credit card declines ( for a myriad of reasons) the solution is a phonecall away. One phonecall. Big friggin’ deal.
Management or maintenance are not clairvoyant. Especially when you’re a 1000 miles away. Somebody can forget to book a hotel or transportation or call ahead for a GPU or fuel truck at Podunk Airport. Well....maybe some personal initiative is in order.
All you need is a solid reason not to do a flight. You can’t just simply say you don’t want to. That’s not going to fly anywhere. You’re a pilot, book says you can’t do it then you don’t.
The CJ is a little light on fuel capacity during the winterwinds from the NE to South Florida. If you want 1500lbs min landing fuel and everybody else uses 1000...well then somebody has a problem. CJ2’s are also not stellar on contaminated runways. Light snow forecast? You can’t go into a short runway. Says so in black and white in the performance section. Emergencies can be pilot error. You know that as well as I do.
They had the same pilot have two decompression issues flying the same plane that I and 5-6 other did.
We never had a problem with that tail #
I was there 2 years and for a 1000 hrs I enjoyed myself. Their POI was a douche so hopefully they’ve got a better one now.
It’s no NetJets but there are a lot worse out there.
If I get furloughed that’s the first place I’d call.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:36 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Any information available about the Skype interview? Did a search but can’t find anything.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:01 AM
All is fine at .79

Position: Paahlot

Originally Posted by johns13b View Post
Any information available about the Skype interview? Did a search but can’t find anything.
Well.....how do I explain this.
It’s an Interview
So dress the part and expect the usual questions. They’re obviously trying to weed out the ones that are a sandwich short of a picknick without having to fork over travel expenses.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:48 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default You sure

[QUOTE=Amphibian;2521138]I am unsure if you are posting on the wrong thread or just being dishonest.

Simply put, Shlomo's comments are not the way things are at this company.[/QUO

You so sure about Shlomo’s comments????