Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Helpful Advice

Old 10-16-2018, 07:08 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Helpful Advice

Hello Pilots...

I am a buyer of a Jet Card and am struggling with the transparency and quality of the 135 operators many of them use. For example, one of the first trips I was quoted on my Jet Card is using Red Wing Aero which I have read negative things about from pilots on this site regarding their treatment of pilots and low wages.

My questions to the group:

1)How many of the issues listed on this site are typical employee/employer issues that are not relevant to my experience as the end user of the service...Versus...should I be concerned about the issues people bring up about Red Wing and others on here regarding my flying safety?

2)What Jet Card provider do you believe treats it’s pilots the best and has the most loyal employees outside of NetJets?

Thank for any insight you can give me. The internet is a dangerous place and I have all of a sudden started to fear my flying!
Old 10-16-2018, 07:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Believe very little about what you read here.
Sure, where there is smoke is probably a fire, but malcontents and knowitalls (who really know little) have large voices here.
If you are not a pilot, you aren’t really equipped to effectively judge the information at hand.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:10 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Flaps8posrate View Post
Believe very little about what you read here.
Sure, where there is smoke is probably a fire, but malcontents and knowitalls (who really know little) have large voices here.
If you are not a pilot, you aren’t really equipped to effectively judge the information at hand.
Thanks for the reply. Besides pilot turnover, should I be concerned about gripes between pilots and the operator? Is that just the charter business?