Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Star Marianas Skype Interview

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by Sambeaux View Post
Congrats bud! I'm only a few months behind you and look forward to hearing an update after you get your feet wet.
Thanks man! I'll definitely keep you guys updated.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:06 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016

How has the experience been man? I just had my Skype interview a couple days ago and should hear back Friday. The operation seems pretty awesome and the chief pilot is a nice guy. Wish me luck!
Old 06-13-2016, 01:19 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Default Leaving in 10 days.

Hey guys, I'm new here and just recently got hired on at Star Marianas and leaving in 10 days. Was wondering if anyone recommends any housing (or looking for a roommate), or information on training and advice. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-26-2016, 08:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default Interview

Hey everyone,

I have an interview tomorrow with them and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers and what to expect. This is going to be my first pilot job and am a bit nervous.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2016, 05:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO Lear 35
Default Star Marianas Air

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Well, they hired me. I've done my research, consulted many pilot buddies, asked the company all the important questions I could think of, and I will be flying to Saipan by way of Tokyo in about 3 weeks via United.

To be honest the operation doesn't seem that shady. They seem to have a solid maintenance department. Looks like I'll be flying a lot which is of course, my goal.

Starting off doing "Discovery" tour flights in a 172 until I have 500 hours. Then I get to fly a Saratoga on the 135 ticket doing charters between the islands.

Seems like a nice time-building gig. They are putting me in a hotel for 7 nights while I locate a place to live. I'll try to partner up with another new-hire who wants a roommate. (PM me if you are going here too, I know they just hired a bunch of guys)

Overall, I'm looking forward to this adventure. Contract is for 6 months at a time. I can give them that. This will be my first flying job and I'm guessing its going to be a hell of a lot of fun.
Hey I'm new to this forum and I know it's been almost a year ago that you posted about this but I have an Skype interview tomorrow with Star Marianas Air and was wondering if you could give me a heads up about what to expect from and them and curious as to this opportunity is worth it. What has your experience been with them so far? Thank for any help you can give.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: CRJ Driver

Originally Posted by Jhtitus View Post
Hey I'm new to this forum and I know it's been almost a year ago that you posted about this but I have an Skype interview tomorrow with Star Marianas Air and was wondering if you could give me a heads up about what to expect from and them and curious as to this opportunity is worth it. What has your experience been with them so far? Thank for any help you can give.
How did the interview go?
Old 08-16-2017, 11:40 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Good luck I'm in same situation...
Old 08-17-2017, 08:23 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Talking

Originally Posted by Jhtitus View Post
They will ask you how fast you can make it, that's all
Old 10-23-2017, 06:58 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

I have an interview with them tomorrow. Its my first job interview in the field. I have a commercial multi and my FOI written passed.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Hi Flyboy,

I did the Skype interview with them a while ago. It was easy. They will not ask you a lot of difficult FAR/AIM questions, so you don't need to worry about it.

Did they offer you the Navajo or single-engine?