Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheelsUp/GAMA Updated QOL/Benefits

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by prop1900 View Post
Its President Elect Trump for a few more days and then it will be President Trump on twitter.
Yes, then we'll all be subject to the "abuse" that you speak of.

Fortunately the health insurance at Gama is excellent and 100% covered by the company.

20,000,000 other Americans soon won't be so lucky.

Gama / Wheels Up is far from perfect but its not fair to say that the pilots here are abused. There are worse part 135 gigs out there, and some 121 for that matter.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Hmmm, I would be careful what Das Auto says regarding Gama as his comments about Trump confirm he couldn't empty a pail of water if the directions were on the bottom.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by mrski View Post
Hmmm, I would be careful what Das Auto says regarding Gama as his comments about Trump confirm he couldn't empty a pail of water if the directions were on the bottom.
Thank you for your constructive, well though out, intelligent comment.

My point is that there are many part 135 operators out there that don't provide health insurance. I used to work for one, and some of the guys I worked with were able to get coverage through healthcare.gov.
Now that the Affordable Care Act is likely to be repealed, there is going to be a number of pilots at small part 135 operators without health insurance.

As I said earlier, Gama has its pros and cons, but the health insurance is an excellent benefit, which in light of recent events is now a serious consideration.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Keep this in mind...the Affordable Care Act is NOT affordable. It is now more expensive that what people had before. No one has ever been turned away from receiving medical treatment. This program was rammed down the throats of people on purpose to help bankrupt the nation.
Gama has an excellent medical program for pilots. Your right, many don't because most 135 operators are _ _ _ _bag people that charged the going rate and don't pay squat.
Give Trump's administration a chance. Obama was a loser from the get-go. Never had a job and surrounded himself with a bunch of lying morons.
I have heard of a couple of complaints about Gama but for the most part they are a very quality organization...new planes, great maintenance, a descent schedule, a the pay is quite good for operating a 350. With Botique you will only get about 65,000 a year...and have to fly even more.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

It's a shame that some people value a dollar bill over someone's health or even their life.
II used to fly air ambulance and we billed $30,000 per flight. That's the bill before the patient even got to the hospital. You'd certainly be wishing you had health insurance if you were in that situation. Bankruptcy is real.

I certainly didn't intend to start a political argument. You're entitled to your opinion, but this thread is about Gama / Wheels Up.
Better give it a rest before the mods interviene.

Last edited by Das Auto; 01-12-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Keep this in mind...the Affordable Care Act is NOT affordable. It is now more expensive that what people had before. No one has ever been turned away from receiving medical treatment. This program was rammed down the throats of people on purpose to help bankrupt the nation.
***. They're not turned away, but go bankrupt when confronted with six digit medical bills because they weren't or couldn't get insured. A @#$%ing broken arm can bankrupt someone without insurance. The Act has it's flaws, but most of the fault lies with healthcare / drug industry needing to keep massive profits accumulating.

But like you said. I don't have to worry about it. My insurance is paid. I have some beefs with this place, but I'm not even close to using the word "abuse" like a well informed contributor here used.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
***. They're not turned away, but go bankrupt when confronted with six digit medical bills because they weren't or couldn't get insured. A @#$%ing broken arm can bankrupt someone without insurance. The Act has it's flaws, but most of the fault lies with healthcare / drug industry needing to keep massive profits accumulating.

But like you said. I don't have to worry about it. My insurance is paid. I have some beefs with this place, but I'm not even close to using the word "abuse" like a well informed contributor here used.
Trying to use facts on the Trumpets is like trying to teach a pig to whistle...it's a waste of your time and it irritates the pig.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Gama has an excellent medical program for pilots. Your right, many don't because most 135 operators are _ _ _ _bag people that charged the going rate and don't pay squat.
Give Trump's administration a chance. Obama was a loser from the get-go. Never had a job and surrounded himself with a bunch of lying morons.
I have heard of a couple of complaints about Gama but for the most part they are a very quality organization...new planes, great maintenance, a descent schedule, a the pay is quite good for operating a 350. With Botique you will only get about 65,000 a year...and have to fly even more.
"Keep this in mind", if 20 million Americans suddenly don't have health insurance, yet never get turned away when they have a medical emergency like you rightly stated, do you think the cost of health insurance will go down, or dramatically increase, for those that are fortunate to have coverage and are forced to subsidize those that don't?

I'd love to see the politicians who push for this immediate repeal include a measure that includes their own "government" provided healthcare be dropped also.

All men created equal, right?
Old 01-14-2017, 12:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
"Keep this in mind", if 20 million Americans suddenly don't have health insurance, yet never get turned away when they have a medical emergency like you rightly stated, do you think the cost of health insurance will go down, or dramatically increase, for those that are fortunate to have coverage and are forced to subsidize those that don't?

I'd love to see the politicians who push for this immediate repeal include a measure that includes their own "government" provided healthcare be dropped also.

All men created equal, right?
All men are created equal doesn't mean that we should continue with free health care, free food, free cell phones and free housing forever

The country is going bankrupt fast. What happens when we can't borrow anymore to pay for all the free stuff?

We could cut defense spending to zero and we would still run a large deficit.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by CargoPirate View Post
All men are created equal doesn't mean that we should continue with free health care, free food, free cell phones and free housing forever

The country is going bankrupt fast. What happens when we can't borrow anymore to pay for all the free stuff?

We could cut defense spending to zero and we would still run a large deficit.
Yup. That's exactly what I was saying. FREE GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE FOR ALL!