Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Kalitta Charters New Hire

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Fetal

Are there any Kalitta Charters pilots that can give some insight on that side of the company? Not heavy cargo, just the Lear/Falcon ops. Is it terrible, livable or not so bad at all?
Old 12-30-2015, 10:24 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2015

The schedule gets old... Should be switching to (roughly) two and two schedule in the very near future. Lear's do mostly air ambo. Falcon's still flying boxes and doing the Dover stuff. We aren't doing the freight that we used to fly, by a long shot. I'm not sure what QOL is going to be like after switching schedules, but it can't be worse than 15 and 6... It definitely has its moments where you are tired, but it isn't as bad as it used to be. They are slowly moving in a better direction.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by BrokenYoke View Post
The schedule gets old... Should be switching to (roughly) two and two schedule in the very near future. Lear's do mostly air ambo. Falcon's still flying boxes and doing the Dover stuff. We aren't doing the freight that we used to fly, by a long shot. I'm not sure what QOL is going to be like after switching schedules, but it can't be worse than 15 and 6... It definitely has its moments where you are tired, but it isn't as bad as it used to be. They are slowly moving in a better direction.
Is this job commutable at all? Or do you need crash pads etc..while on he 2weeks?
Old 12-31-2015, 01:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by BrokenYoke View Post
No disrespect meant, but there are plenty of regional jobs available. CR9 or E170 beats an old Lear or beat up Falcon with back-of-the clock flying any day.... Pay is better than it used to be and some regionals offer a flow-up to a major. Don't know why people accept this type of "torture" when there are plenty of other jobs out there...
Old 12-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Need to live in Detroit? Endeavor is hiring 60 pilots a month with DTW included in initial base offerings:

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/endeavor_air

I don't work there, but I am suggesting there are always other options if you don't want to fly back-of-the-clock flying...
Old 12-31-2015, 05:19 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by badtransam97 View Post
Is this job commutable at all? Or do you need crash pads etc..while on he 2weeks?
Yea, you will need a place to stay while in YIP.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:30 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
No disrespect meant, but there are plenty of regional jobs available. CR9 or E170 beats an old Lear or beat up Falcon with back-of-the clock flying any day.... Pay is better than it used to be and some regionals offer a flow-up to a major. Don't know why people accept this type of "torture" when there are plenty of other jobs out there...
We definitely aren't flying on the back of the clock like we used to do. There was even more of it before my time. I've been there a while now, and didn't really have the option to go to a regional at the time. No disrespect taken, I agree, there are a lot of options out there right now. The regionals are starting to throw money out to get pilots!

Last edited by BrokenYoke; 12-31-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:34 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

They have a new schedule now, so that is a step in the right direction. However, the pay is very subpar, and that will need to improve to attract qualified candidates. Most of the guys do their year there and move on. I do speak from experience.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by EIR10 View Post
They have a new schedule now, so that is a step in the right direction. However, the pay is very subpar, and that will need to improve to attract qualified candidates. Most of the guys do their year there and move on. I do speak from experience.
What is the new schedule? Did they go with the 2 week on, 2 week off?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

I think it went back to 2 weeks on/1 week off from what I hear.