Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Kalitta Charters New Hire

Old 11-02-2015, 12:37 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: HS-125 Captain
Default Kalitta Charters New Hire

Hey Guys,
First time posting on the forum... Or any forum at that 😬 so hopefully I did this in the right spot. I was just hired on with Kalitta Charters and I start class on the 16th. Currently I live in Waterford/Pontiac by PTK and with the Kalitta job I'll have to move somewhere within 15mins of YIP. I was looking to see if there is anyone else in that area that would know of a crash pad or a good (and by good I mean cheap) apartment for myself. I need a place to live within 15mins of YIP for my 2 week on rotation, then I'll commute out for my week soon to be 2 weeks off. Roomates=less$$=good. Any other info on the soon to be job would be good too.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Bienert338 View Post
Hey Guys,
First time posting on the forum... Or any forum at that 😬 so hopefully I did this in the right spot. I was just hired on with Kalitta Charters and I start class on the 16th. Currently I live in Waterford/Pontiac by PTK and with the Kalitta job I'll have to move somewhere within 15mins of YIP. I was looking to see if there is anyone else in that area that would know of a crash pad or a good (and by good I mean cheap) apartment for myself. I need a place to live within 15mins of YIP for my 2 week on rotation, then I'll commute out for my week soon to be 2 weeks off. Roomates=less$$=good. Any other info on the soon to be job would be good too.
There are several marginal crashpads around going for 200-250 a month. I know th apartments are mostly section 8 and anything else in that area will all be over 800 a month. Hope your ready for the worst fatigue of your life. Wouldn't ifl have been better?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:16 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: HS-125 Captain

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
There are several marginal crashpads around going for 200-250 a month. I know th apartments are mostly section 8 and anything else in that area will all be over 800 a month. Hope your ready for the worst fatigue of your life. Wouldn't ifl have been better?
Cool thanks
Old 11-13-2015, 03:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Ca. CRJ 200
Default Looking for clarification

I recently applied at Kalitta Air Charters and was doing some research last night. I discovered a thread here filled with several....several...pages of disgruntled pilots and lots of talk about an impending strike. Upon further review this morning, I see that they are primarily all talking about K4, which with a little more digging I see is the Heavy Cargo branch of Kalitta where the Air Charter is K9.

Does anybody know if that issue is bleeding over into Kalitta Air Charter? I would hate to push into this process only to discover I'm walking into a strike situation.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by 42jeff View Post
I recently applied at Kalitta Air Charters and was doing some research last night. I discovered a thread here filled with several....several...pages of disgruntled pilots and lots of talk about an impending strike. Upon further review this morning, I see that they are primarily all talking about K4, which with a little more digging I see is the Heavy Cargo branch of Kalitta where the Air Charter is K9.

Does anybody know if that issue is bleeding over into Kalitta Air Charter? I would hate to push into this process only to discover I'm walking into a strike situation.
While the pilots at Kalitta Charters may not be happy, they are non union. There will be no strike anytime soon.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:42 AM
On Reserve Forever

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Would you like fries with that gear, sir?

Hey Guys,
Bienert...When you get to class, start talking to your classmates about living situations. You not the first or the last to have this problem. So most new hires seem to group together and get an apartment. Then after a year there and your lease is up, you might think about rooming with others instead who are more compatible. Welcome to the team.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: Property Manager

Hey Guys,
Royal is hiring out of PTK doing the same type of flying just go there and avoid this issue.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188

Or better yet, IFL!
Old 11-17-2015, 08:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Ca. CRJ 200

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
Or better yet, IFL!
Which company is IFL?