Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   AK job hunt (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/91783-ak-job-hunt.html)

Sambeaux 11-19-2015 07:44 AM

AK job hunt

Hey fellas I have a wet CMEL/ASEL with about 300TT. I was planning on heading up to AK in December to pass out resumes and make contacts while visiting family. However I've recently been told that going job hunting in AK in December is pretty ridiculous and to wait until April. For those that are familiar with the overall hiring trend would you agree? I've already spoken to a few CP's on the phone and would like to meet them so they can put a face with a name. Here is a list of who I plan on making the rounds with. Let me know if I'm missing any potential low time employers. Thanks
Hageland(Ravn)
Ryan
Grant
Yute
ACE
Bering

Just a note posting this on JC as well.

Sanguy 11-19-2015 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sambeaux (Post 2013577)
Hey fellas I have a wet CMEL/ASEL with about 300TT. I was planning on heading up to AK in December to pass out resumes and make contacts while visiting family. However I've recently been told that going job hunting in AK in December is pretty ridiculous and to wait until April. For those that are familiar with the overall hiring trend would you agree? I've already spoken to a few CP's on the phone and would like to meet them so they can put a face with a name. Here is a list of who I plan on making the rounds with. Let me know if I'm missing any potential low time employers. Thanks
Hageland(Ravn)
Ryan
Grant
Yute
ACE
Bering

Just a note posting this on JC as well.

Generally, hiring in Alaska for the summer season starts around February with classes in April. 300 hrs is probably not going to work as you need 500 for part 135 VFR PIC. Company where I was working wouldn't look at you with less than 500. If there were plenty of apps for that summer, more hrs = better chance of interview.

Alaska is some of the most rewarding flying there is, but it's hard work. I miss it. Good luck.

OkStateBryan 11-19-2015 06:38 PM

I knew two people up there that flight instructed on sea planes. Get your CFI and go instruct. Looked fun as hell.

Sambeaux 11-19-2015 08:27 PM

I appreciate the replies thanks guys.

alaskadrifter 11-20-2015 12:06 AM

Do some searching around, there's already a lot of info out there. Also most places won't be looking to hire until around March.

MachinistMate 11-20-2015 07:14 AM

I'm a student in UAAs Aviation Program and just recently moved up here. I know the school was in need of some CFIIs at the start of the fall if you have yours and need some cash while you fish for something bigger they would probably consider you.

I'm in Anchorage PM me if you need help with anything.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sambeaux 11-20-2015 10:38 AM

Thanks man I'll give you a shout.

Originally Posted by MachinistMate (Post 2014094)
I'm a student in UAAs Aviation Program and just recently moved up here. I know the school was in need of some CFIIs at the start of the fall if you have yours and need some cash while you fish for something bigger they would probably consider you.

I'm in Anchorage PM me if you need help with anything.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sambeaux 11-20-2015 10:40 AM

Been lurking for a while reading everything Alaska related online. Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by alaskadrifter (Post 2013959)
Do some searching around, there's already a lot of info out there. Also most places won't be looking to hire until around March.

alaskadrifter 11-20-2015 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sambeaux (Post 2014202)
Been lurking for a while reading everything Alaska related online. Thanks for the reply.

Good luck, leave no stone unturned.