Anyone else going to Star Marianas? >

Anyone else going to Star Marianas?

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Anyone else going to Star Marianas?

Old 09-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Default Anyone else going to Star Marianas?

Anyone on here also going to Star Marianas? I'm leaving for Saipan in a couple weeks. Pretty excited. It'd be cool to chat with someone who will also be making the trip, or who recently got there. I'll probably be looking for a roommate when I get there.

Pm me if you are.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Default How is it going at Star Marianas?

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Anyone on here also going to Star Marianas? I'm leaving for Saipan in a couple weeks. Pretty excited. It'd be cool to chat with someone who will also be making the trip, or who recently got there. I'll probably be looking for a roommate when I get there.

Pm me if you are.

Thanks

Have you settled in well at Star Marianas? Any pros/cons you can share?
Old 03-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Hey guys, it's been a while but I'll revive this thread.

I left star Marianas in early February 2016. Was there for about 5 months. I can honestly say it was a good experience and I have no regrets. Got me from 250 to 500 and worked very well for that.

The company can be challenging to work for at times and you will not be treated like a G550 Captain, (nor will be paid like one) but the flying was incredibly fun and the scenery was unbelievably beautiful.

Made some close friends while I was there and had some totally amazing experiences in the islands.

You will leave this place a better pilot. Even though it's only VFR until you get into the Navajo, (which will happen at around 1200 hours provided you don't get on anyone's bad side) you will build very sharp stick and rudder skills.

You will comfortably handle landing in 30+ knot crosswinds. You will learn to fly well from the right seat if you're not a CFI. (Im not). You will wake up to cielings BRK at 1300 and a mile vis and think "what a great VFR day!"

For those considering this place to build time, my best advice is to find a car or scooter and a place to sleep as soon as possible. The kind of help but not really.

Just keep your head down and get out when you have your hours.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:23 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Hey guys, it's been a while but I'll revive this thread.

I left star Marianas in early February 2016. Was there for about 5 months. I can honestly say it was a good experience and I have no regrets. Got me from 250 to 500 and worked very well for that.

The company can be challenging to work for at times and you will not be treated like a G550 Captain, (nor will be paid like one) but the flying was incredibly fun and the scenery was unbelievably beautiful.

Made some close friends while I was there and had some totally amazing experiences in the islands.

You will leave this place a better pilot. Even though it's only VFR until you get into the Navajo, (which will happen at around 1200 hours provided you don't get on anyone's bad side) you will build very sharp stick and rudder skills.

You will comfortably handle landing in 30+ knot crosswinds. You will learn to fly well from the right seat if you're not a CFI. (Im not). You will wake up to cielings BRK at 1300 and a mile vis and think "what a great VFR day!"

For those considering this place to build time, my best advice is to find a car or scooter and a place to sleep as soon as possible. The kind of help but not really.

Just keep your head down and get out when you have your hours.

I was just hired by them. Leaving in 7 days. Any advice? Training?
Old 05-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

Keep us posted, Jberto89...Be safe out there. Blue Skies...
Old 06-13-2016, 01:05 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Default Leaving in 10 days.

Hey guys, I'm new here and just recently got hired on at Star Marianas and leaving in 10 days. Was wondering if anyone recommends any housing (or looking for a roommate), or information on training and advice. Thanks in advance!