Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Any Key Lime Air FO's out there? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/9257-any-key-lime-air-fos-out-there.html)

siuaviation 02-03-2007 02:52 PM

Any Key Lime Air FO's out there?

I was trying to find out more info on Key Lime Air. Specifically the FO positions on the Metroliner. I see that they are hiring FO's with 500 TT and 30 ME for their passenger charter side. What is the interview process like, QoL, etc? The gouges that I could find were posted by people who were applying for captains on the PA31 and C-404.

HotMamaPilot 02-03-2007 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by siuaviation (Post 112561)
I was trying to find out more info on Key Lime Air. Specifically the FO positions on the Metroliner. I see that they are hiring FO's with 500 TT and 30 ME for their passenger charter side. What is the interview process like, QoL, etc? The gouges that I could find were posted by people who were applying for captains on the PA31 and C-404.

it is a pft program. you will have to pay like 17k for 100 hours.....but you'll make min wage and log time that is legally NOT loggable. On the positive side...I jump seat on them in and out of DEN periodically, so you may be able to meet me.:)

LAfrequentflyer 02-03-2007 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot (Post 112595)
it is a pft program. you will have to pay like 17k for 100 hours.....but you'll make min wage and log time that is legally NOT loggable. On the positive side...I jump seat on them in and out of DEN periodically, so you may be able to meet me.:)

I'll be sure to drink a few so you look attractive...

-LAFF

HotMamaPilot 02-03-2007 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by LAfrequentflyer (Post 112601)
I'll be sure to drink a few so you look attractive...

-LAFF

Pallleeeeeeeez. lol. btw I don't go for peops of asian descent.

de727ups 02-03-2007 04:49 PM

"log time that is legally NOT loggable"

On what basis? Though I'm not a fan of the practice, it is legal time. Also, the pax charter part might not be PFJ. I'm not fan of Key Lime, by any means, but let's not make stuff up.

HotMamaPilot 02-03-2007 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by de727ups (Post 112618)
"log time that is legally NOT loggable"

On what basis? Though I'm not a fan of the practice, it is legal time. Also, the pax charter part might not be PFJ. I'm not fan of Key Lime, by any means, but let's not make stuff up.

How is it loggable when the metro is a single pilot aircraft? explain this please

freightdog 02-03-2007 04:59 PM

Metro FOs

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot (Post 112620)
How is it loggable when the metro is a single pilot aircraft? explain this please

The Metro becomes two crew airplane if in Key Lime's ops specs (operations specifications) if it allows for FOs when there is one available. Here at AMF has FOs all the time on the Chieftain, 99, and sometimes on the Metro and 1900. Even though they may be certified as single pilot aircraft doesn't mean that they can't be flown with two crew.

Trust me, the Metro should be a two crew airplane. The way the cockpit is layed out and the flows ans items that to be completed make it very hard on just one pilot. Especially if things go south.

By the way, siuaviation, when did you graduate from SIU? Fellow Saluki here...

HotMamaPilot 02-03-2007 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 112624)
The Metro becomes two crew airplane if in Key Lime's ops specs (operations specifications) if it allows for FOs when there is one available. Here at AMF has FOs all the time on the Chieftain, 99, and sometimes on the Metro and 1900. Even though they may be certified as single pilot aircraft doesn't mean that they can't be flown with two crew.

Trust me, the Metro should be a two crew airplane. The way the cockpit is layed out and the flows ans items that to be completed make it very hard on just one pilot. Especially if things go south.

By the way, siuaviation, when did you graduate from SIU? Fellow Saluki here...

ther op specs don't though...require an sic

XJPILOT1 02-03-2007 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot (Post 112631)
ther op specs don't though...require an sic

The question goes back to your PPL training. What hours are loggable. There is PIC when you are the sole manipulator of the controls. So let the guy in the right seat fly a leg and he logs it. How the OpSpec reads we don't now, but some how they log time. I always found this PFT program to be a funny one, they are always looking for street captains. If the PFT was really working like they say it was, they would have plenty of upgrades, but they don't. How sad. There are so many FBO's that would let you fly right seat for FREE to gain experience. Why pay for your job?

HotMamaPilot 02-03-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by XJPILOT1 (Post 112646)
The question goes back to your PPL training. What hours are loggable. There is PIC when you are the sole manipulator of the controls. So let the guy in the right seat fly a leg and he logs it. How the OpSpec reads we don't now, but some how they log time. I always found this PFT program to be a funny one, they are always looking for street captains. If the PFT was really working like they say it was, they would have plenty of upgrades, but they don't. How sad. There are so many FBO's that would let you fly right seat for FREE to gain experience. Why pay for your job?

true in part 91, however in 135 you must take a checkride to be PIC....the SIC's don't. IOW, it's not LEGALLY loggab;e