Any Key Lime Air FO's out there?

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Any Key Lime Air FO's out there?

Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: King Air 350i
Default Any Key Lime Air FO's out there?

I was trying to find out more info on Key Lime Air. Specifically the FO positions on the Metroliner. I see that they are hiring FO's with 500 TT and 30 ME for their passenger charter side. What is the interview process like, QoL, etc? The gouges that I could find were posted by people who were applying for captains on the PA31 and C-404.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FO - 757/767

Originally Posted by siuaviation View Post
I was trying to find out more info on Key Lime Air. Specifically the FO positions on the Metroliner. I see that they are hiring FO's with 500 TT and 30 ME for their passenger charter side. What is the interview process like, QoL, etc? The gouges that I could find were posted by people who were applying for captains on the PA31 and C-404.
it is a pft program. you will have to pay like 17k for 100 hours.....but you'll make min wage and log time that is legally NOT loggable. On the positive side...I jump seat on them in and out of DEN periodically, so you may be able to meet me.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot View Post
it is a pft program. you will have to pay like 17k for 100 hours.....but you'll make min wage and log time that is legally NOT loggable. On the positive side...I jump seat on them in and out of DEN periodically, so you may be able to meet me.
I'll be sure to drink a few so you look attractive...

-LAFF
Old 02-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by LAfrequentflyer View Post
I'll be sure to drink a few so you look attractive...

-LAFF
Pallleeeeeeeez. lol. btw I don't go for peops of asian descent.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: UPS 757/767 Capt ONT

"log time that is legally NOT loggable"

On what basis? Though I'm not a fan of the practice, it is legal time. Also, the pax charter part might not be PFJ. I'm not fan of Key Lime, by any means, but let's not make stuff up.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by de727ups View Post
"log time that is legally NOT loggable"

On what basis? Though I'm not a fan of the practice, it is legal time. Also, the pax charter part might not be PFJ. I'm not fan of Key Lime, by any means, but let's not make stuff up.
How is it loggable when the metro is a single pilot aircraft? explain this please
Old 02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat
Default Metro FOs

How is it loggable when the metro is a single pilot aircraft? explain this please
The Metro becomes two crew airplane if in Key Lime's ops specs (operations specifications) if it allows for FOs when there is one available. Here at AMF has FOs all the time on the Chieftain, 99, and sometimes on the Metro and 1900. Even though they may be certified as single pilot aircraft doesn't mean that they can't be flown with two crew.

Trust me, the Metro should be a two crew airplane. The way the cockpit is layed out and the flows ans items that to be completed make it very hard on just one pilot. Especially if things go south.

By the way, siuaviation, when did you graduate from SIU? Fellow Saluki here...
Old 02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
The Metro becomes two crew airplane if in Key Lime's ops specs (operations specifications) if it allows for FOs when there is one available. Here at AMF has FOs all the time on the Chieftain, 99, and sometimes on the Metro and 1900. Even though they may be certified as single pilot aircraft doesn't mean that they can't be flown with two crew.

Trust me, the Metro should be a two crew airplane. The way the cockpit is layed out and the flows ans items that to be completed make it very hard on just one pilot. Especially if things go south.

By the way, siuaviation, when did you graduate from SIU? Fellow Saluki here...
ther op specs don't though...require an sic
Old 02-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SAABster

ther op specs don't though...require an sic
The question goes back to your PPL training. What hours are loggable. There is PIC when you are the sole manipulator of the controls. So let the guy in the right seat fly a leg and he logs it. How the OpSpec reads we don't now, but some how they log time. I always found this PFT program to be a funny one, they are always looking for street captains. If the PFT was really working like they say it was, they would have plenty of upgrades, but they don't. How sad. There are so many FBO's that would let you fly right seat for FREE to gain experience. Why pay for your job?
Old 02-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by XJPILOT1 View Post
The question goes back to your PPL training. What hours are loggable. There is PIC when you are the sole manipulator of the controls. So let the guy in the right seat fly a leg and he logs it. How the OpSpec reads we don't now, but some how they log time. I always found this PFT program to be a funny one, they are always looking for street captains. If the PFT was really working like they say it was, they would have plenty of upgrades, but they don't. How sad. There are so many FBO's that would let you fly right seat for FREE to gain experience. Why pay for your job?
true in part 91, however in 135 you must take a checkride to be PIC....the SIC's don't. IOW, it's not LEGALLY loggab;e