Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Support a rewrite of part 135 duty & rest! >

Support a rewrite of part 135 duty & rest!

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Support a rewrite of part 135 duty & rest!

Old 04-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Default Support a rewrite of part 135 duty & rest!

NJASAP, the NetJets union our PAC is focusing efforts this week to get changes made to Part 135, specifically duty and rest rules. Even if you don't fly for Part 135, I think you can see that this would be beneficial for everyone in aviation so please, take a moment and voice your concern so we can get this on the ballot this week.

PLEASE CALL and EMAIL your Senators TODAY: Support Inhofe #3643 Amendment to HR 636

This week, and most likely Wednesday, Sen. James Inhofe is expected to introduce Amendment #3643 to HR636 during a floor session of the Senate that calls for the creation of an FAA Advisory Rulemaking Committee tasked with updating pilot duty and rest rules for those crewmembers who fly on behalf of FAR Part 135 operators. The rules under which we currently operate have not been updated in more than 60 years, and the time for an update in NOW.
Please EMAIL AND CALL your senators to support this Amendment to HR 636.

Look up you elected Senators HERE:
Whoismyrepresentative.com - Find Your Member of Congress by Zip Code

Suggested email:

Subject: Please Support Inhofe #3643 Amendment to HR636

Body:

As a constituent and professional pilot, I am writing today to encourage you to support the Inhofe #3643 Amendment to HR 636, which is scheduled to be considered on the Senate floor this week. This commonsense amendment addresses outdated, arbitrary flight duty and rest rules within the business and fractional aviation communities that have not been updated in more than 60 years. More specifically, the amendment will create an FAA Aviation Rulemaking Committee comprised of industry representatives, business aviation pilots, and fatigue experts who will help determine proper pilot flight duty and rest rules using a science-based approach.

Pilots, like me, who fly in charter and fractional aviation need your support for this pragmatic amendment. The need to examine 60-year-old rules is indisputable as they impact the safety of my aircraft, passengers, fellow crewmembers and the entire National Airspace System. Please support the Inhofe #3643 Amendment.

Suggested Call Script:

"As a constituent and professional pilot, I am calling today to encourage my U.S. Senator to support the Inhofe #3643 Amendment to HR 636, which is scheduled to be considered on the Senate floor this week. This commonsense amendment addresses outdated, arbitrary flight duty and rest rules within the business and fractional aviation communities that have not been updated in more than 60 years. More specifically, the amendment will create an FAA Aviation Rulemaking Committee comprised of industry representatives, business aviation pilots, and fatigue experts who will help determine proper pilot flight duty and rest rules using a science-based approach.

Pilots who fly in charter and fractional aviation, like me, need our Senators' support for this pragmatic amendment. The need to examine 60-year-old rules is indisputable as they impact the safety of my aircraft, passengers, fellow crewmembers and the entire National Airspace System. Please support the Inhofe #3643 Amendment."
Old 04-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Done and done.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Left seat on a kite

Can you tag or link what the proposed amendment is?

HR636 is a Small Business Tax Relief Act
Nice earmark.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
Can you tag or link what the proposed amendment is?

HR636 is a Small Business Tax Relief Act
Nice earmark.
HR636 is being used to reauthorize the FAA.

I'm against the amendment because it may introduce a more complicated crew duty/rest system, it may end up being worse, and it wouldn't be enforced anyway.