Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheesUp/Gama

Old 11-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Petethedog View Post
All the people I have spoken with at XO seem great and are generally happy with the the way things go over there. Mx is good. They have a reasonable fatigue policy. Seems like a fun place to work. But, the continuous continent crossing is too much of a long term health risk for me (medical lost 2x).
Plus, only 1 week vacay for the 1st 4 years seems a bit is too slim ( this is the biggest complaint I have heard from several I spoke with).

Anyone at Gama reading this: if you ware west coast based, do they mainly keep you on the WC? Also, is there any fatigue policy there if you they are running you super hard?
No and No. You're basically run until you say "uncle".
Old 11-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

We do work hard, but I’ve never heard of anyone being chastised for banging out fatigued with just reasoning. This job isn’t hard, but people make it hard. I have no qualms calling fatigued. They may ask for a report so they can track it, but that’s it.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

What are competitive mins for SIC? No where on here or the job posting does it mention it.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

I’m not sure. It depends on the type of experience you have. Maybe someone else can chime in. Regardless, keep throwing your info in. We need pilots.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
What are competitive mins for SIC? No where on here or the job posting does it mention it.
I just got an e-mail back from them. You have to be ATP eligible for the first officer position. They really didn't make that clear to me on the application.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
I’m not sure. It depends on the type of experience you have. Maybe someone else can chime in. Regardless, keep throwing your info in. We need pilots.
I’m not quite ready to apply as I’m flying a lot doing survey work this season. I won’t be at ATP mins by the end of the season though. I saw that as a requirement for pic but wasn’t sure on sic. I really don’t want to do regionals but it’s looks like it’s gonna be airlines more and more.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:29 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Survey work is only useful if you can hit ATP mins with it. If you can't, it's often a waste of time.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Survey work is only useful if you can hit ATP mins with it. If you can't, it's often a waste of time.
I don’t consider anything a waste of time that provides 100+ hours a month and a paycheck. If not at Atp mins I will be at 135 mins which a lot more than when I started survey.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Wing Locker

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
I don’t consider anything a waste of time that provides 100+ hours a month and a paycheck. If not at Atp mins I will be at 135 mins which a lot more than when I started survey.
I think what he means is that light aircraft flight time hits a point of diminishing returns. I did photo mapping early on in 172's and 182's however at 1k hours I knew I had to get some other aircraft experience to stand out.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: Captain

What's the minimums for Captain please? Thanks in advance.