Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #161
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Wing Locker
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlying4fun View Post
I guess I worded my question wrong... I understand the above.

If I am Hired into one base, say ICT, can I later transfer my base, to PHX? or do they just have you name a home base when you are hired? Thanks.
Yes you can with approval. They just don't want you doing multiple times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
SOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #162
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 42
Default

Thanks, that's great.
phlying4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:06 AM   #163
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernweh View Post
Yep. The reimbursement if you bail before one year will just be a reduced rate for the recurrent cost.
Sounds fair, I been working overseas for the last 11 years flying many different types of airplane and about to relocate back to the US. Looking for a place to work that is solid, home base, descent benefits and pay. I don’t mind the work and the circus that happens with management. Every company has a good and bad side no matter where you work, I can deal with the political side.
Expat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #164
Line Holder
 
Av8r75's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 63
Default

Hello all,

What is the current salary for KA FOs?

The website says 50-55K, does this represent the new pay rates everyone has been talking about?

Do they typically start guys out a the low end of that range or is it based on experience?

Finally, can you volunteer for extra days?
Av8r75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #165
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8r75 View Post
Hello all,

What is the current salary for KA FOs?

The website says 50-55K, does this represent the new pay rates everyone has been talking about?

Do they typically start guys out a the low end of that range or is it based on experience?

Finally, can you volunteer for extra days?
55k is the pay for FO. The same with the pay scale.
You could be hired as a Prov Captain based on experience in turbo prop aircraft or previous PIC time on other types. However until you pass your 299 you’ll be at 55k
Yes you can volunteer for OT.
Eddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #166
Line Holder
 
Av8r75's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 63
Default

Thanks fro the reply Eddard and for the information provided.

I am hoping to get on board with Gama, as I am not sure the airlines are for me. Really like the personal contact with clients/passengers and the variety of flying that 135 provides.

Just hard to find a good 135 operator out there...Gama seems to be one of the better ones to work for from what I have read so far.
Av8r75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #167
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8r75 View Post
Thanks fro the reply Eddard and for the information provided.

I am hoping to get on board with Gama, as I am not sure the airlines are for me. Really like the personal contact with clients/passengers and the variety of flying that 135 provides.

Just hard to find a good 135 operator out there...Gama seems to be one of the better ones to work for from what I have read so far.
As far as 135 is concerned, I’d look at Gama as well as Delta Private Jets for starters.
David Puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #168
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: B350
Posts: 1
Default

Hi guys,

I am from Chile, flying in Africa the 350i (P21). Have 2100 TT, CPL FAA, and 250 hrs on type. Have done the initial and recurrents at Flight Safety ICT and ATL. Do you think that Gama could/would sponsor the visa? Would love to work for them!

Rgds

Last edited by Fear Factor; 01-12-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Fear Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:16 PM   #169
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddard View Post
55k is the pay for FO. The same with the pay scale.
You could be hired as a Prov Captain based on experience in turbo prop aircraft or previous PIC time on other types. However until you pass your 299 you’ll be at 55k
Yes you can volunteer for OT.
What is the Pay for captains?
Expat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:52 AM   #170
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat007 View Post
What is the Pay for captains?
March 1st 90k first year pay
Eddard is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:17 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.