Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheesUp/Gama

Old 02-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by boozykuzzy View Post
I know this has nothing to do w/payment, but what are the SIC hour mins. On the website, it doesn't say. Are they hiring at 250 TT w/ multi rating?
Was told last week that basic ATP mins are the new mins for the right person. Gama will even pay for the new training required for the ATP written.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by marshal View Post
Was told last week that basic ATP mins are the new mins for the right person. Gama will even pay for the new training required for the ATP written.
I actually think that this is a good idea.
I'd much rather have a young, enthusiastic F.O. who is grateful to get out of his Piper Seminole and into a King Air than some of the "more experienced" guys we've been hiring lately.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by CharleyFox View Post
I've submitted a resume for Wheels Up but have not heard anything yet. If I do ever get the call, how is quality of life at Gama? Looks like a good place
It's good if you like to work and be on the road. 8 on 6 off, filing your own flight plans, and the rest of the paperwork that goes along with it isn't for everyone. Between the two companies like this I've worked for, there hasn't been a tour that I can remember where I haven't seen at least one more new place.
The pay is good for the aircraft, most of the people are good dudes and dudettes, and safety is always on the forefront.
Back side of the clock isn't the usual, but it's possible. Flip-flopping from early mornings to late nights and back again is always possible and happens during the busy times. 4-6 leg days in the east happen sometimes and you may fly 35-40 hrs in a tour. Or you may only block 10 hours in 8 days.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
It's good if you like to work and be on the road. 8 on 6 off, filing your own flight plans, and the rest of the paperwork that goes along with it isn't for everyone. Between the two companies like this I've worked for, there hasn't been a tour that I can remember where I haven't seen at least one more new place.
The pay is good for the aircraft, most of the people are good dudes and dudettes, and safety is always on the forefront.
Back side of the clock isn't the usual, but it's possible. Flip-flopping from early mornings to late nights and back again is always possible and happens during the busy times. 4-6 leg days in the east happen sometimes and you may fly 35-40 hrs in a tour. Or you may only block 10 hours in 8 days.
What are they looking for as PICs?
Old 02-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

3500 total 2000 pic 2500 multi 1500 multi PIC and 2000 turbine. Provisional street captains also need quality time in type. At least that’s what I’m seeing. Those mins may have changed and comsidrations for type of experience are made.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

3500 total 2000 pic 2500 multi 1500 multi PIC and 2000 turbine. Provisional street captains also need quality time in type. At least that’s what I’m seeing. Those mins may have changed and comsidrations for type of experience are made.
Those seem like pretty steep mins for captains. I guess most captains are upgraded from within. Seems like with those hours you could probably find a job in a jet of some sort with about the same pay and schedule, if not better!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Fair to say the King Airs fly a lot more than the XL fleet?
Old 02-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Those seem like pretty steep mins for captains. I guess most captains are upgraded from within. Seems like with those hours you could probably find a job in a jet of some sort with about the same pay and schedule, if not better!
We actually get a LOT of street captain hires. That’s the draw. There aren’t many operations like ours that hire street captains. The Argus/wyvern qualificationa also have something to do with the hiring mins. I know they have dropped a little, but not much.
Most other places such as net jets will hire you, but then you have to deal with the union, and you’ll sit right seat for 10 or more years.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Really? Where?
Old 02-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: AeroMedical Captain

Why are these minimums not posted on their website.

All I see is (climbto350.com posting):

ATP, or written considered depending on experience.
First Class
Valid Passport
Eligible for CANPASS