Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheesUp/Gama

Old 10-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

I would have to agree with you. I think the pay and benefit package far outweighs what other operations offer but I do believe, from what I read of the comments posted, that they appear to be satisfied with a revolving door as there is no seniority list. Even if there is a so-called pilot shortage, I can understand their need to direct hire captains but it is a definite slap in the face to F/O's that have put in their time and are qualified to upgrade but get passed by. Also the hiring practices and favoritism displayed by the three musketeers leaves a ton to be desired. Once you get in and are online though, for flying a King Air, to me, it compares closer to NetJets than any other operation. Wish I could get in there.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
I'd say $81,000 a year with 100% health coverage and a 401k match is pretty generous for a King Air position.
I used to think it was generous. I don't any more. This isn't an entry level job and we all work harder than your average pilot. That salary on a larger airframe that flies 1 leg a day (or heaven forbid 2 legs), and an externally serviced lav might be considered a joke. But the higher salary is deserved in that case? They must be far better pilots than you or I....Progressive pay scale is needed.

Health Insurance. Not going to argue that one. Can't be beat. But there's nothing stopping them pulling out the rug on that one.

401K match. Meh. I think it's 50% of first 6% or something like that. Average.

IMHO.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Line Holder

You have made good points. If I was an F/O there, the lack of a seniority list would be my biggest concern. Howver, my opinion comes from researching numerous other operations. Not to degrade them, but Boutique starts a 350 captain at like $64,000 and the schedule is a lot tougher. In fact I have yet to find a 135 operator that comes even close to what GAMA pays. I have seen much better pay rates in corporate but even they are getting scarce. When WUP first started pilots left in droves solely because of the schedule. I think they are having some growing g pains because there is little to no communication with mgmt in charge. They are getting too big to continue like that forever. The revolving door policy will cost them too much in the long run.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

But - and correct me if I'm wrong - Boutique has just ATP minimums posted for their PIC positions. No prior 135, 91K, butler experience, ect. I think when I last looked, only 40hrs multi time was required there. Not the case at WUP.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Line Holder

That's is,all true but I guess I am just looking at the bottom line. Personally, I would be satisfied with everything that GAMA has to offer as I had to do everything like dump the potty when I flew corporate so it wouldn't matter to me but even with 4000+ hours alone in the 350 it won't come pass. We can all find something to complain about at some point but if your on the outside looking in, the picture definitely is rosier.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:18 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default WUP Time Requirements

Can anybody clarify the time requirements.. On Climbto350 it is a little confusing.

https://s14.postimg.org/45iploogx/Sc...5_13_51_PM.png

Is it 2000? 2500? 2000 for FO's? 2500 for PIC's?

This is not very clear along with upgrade times from SIC...if ever.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Line Holder

Hey, I can't really reply to your request because I am not part of it but would suggest you go back and search out some of the replies that you can find not only on 135, but try fractional and type in gama. you may not find exactly what you are looking for but there appears to be a conflict between what they say and what they do regarding upgrades. there is a lot of favoritism in this regard and I think you will see a generally concern from a lot of the pilots in this one area. if you can hang on long enough, I think it is a better than average place to get on with regarding pay, schedule, and benefits. it maybe can be attributed to growing pains and then again, maybe not. hope you are successful.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:04 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by mpc3374 View Post
Can anybody clarify the time requirements.. On Climbto350 it is a little confusing.

https://s14.postimg.org/45iploogx/Sc...5_13_51_PM.png

It reads like they won't come below 2000tt regardless of what you've flown. I'd say if you had 2001 tt and 1500tt in the 350 then you'd have a chance at being hired. Otherwise it would be the 2500tt min.
3000tt is needed for upgrade from what I've heard
Old 10-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by mpc3374 View Post

If you're close send your stuff in. There is no clarity here regarding much of anything.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:54 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

I'm curious if:
- They have a promissory note, value and duration.
- Any history of discouraging squawks.
- Rolling 24/7 duty times.
- They "trade" turbine time for multi time for new applicants.