Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheesUp/Gama

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 06:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by OleNavy View Post
Operational concern... not huge but worthy of reply.
...the good news is the new Northeastern Pilot Supervisor is engaging on Yammer. He has been immediately responsive to a few issues in just the last 48 hours. This is just beginning to unfold for the better.

B.W. -

Perhaps you didn't catch the part of my email where I apologized and stated I had NOT yet taken over the reigns, but B.K. would still be your primary point of contact until such time as you heard otherwise?

Or the part where I said even with that being the case, I am always willing to lend an ear and a helping hand if I can?

I find it quite ironic that your accounting of your initial contact with me - in an online forum such as this one, of all places - is quite different from the reply you actually received, and that being a retired military officer you would handle it this way considering I took vacation to serve our country AND still responded to you.

If this is your version of 'helping,' you're not.

There's always three sides to the story I guess.

Last edited by That Guy 74; 02-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:58 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by That Guy 74 View Post
B.W. -

Perhaps you didn't catch the part of my email where I apologized and stated I had NOT yet taken over the reigns, but B.K. would still be your primary point of contact until such time as you heard otherwise?

Or the part where I said even with that being the case, I am always willing to lend an ear and a helping hand if I can?

I find it quite ironic that your accounting of your initial contact with me - in an online forum such as this one, of all places - is quite different from the reply you actually received, and that being a retired military officer you would handle it this way considering I took vacation to serve our country AND still responded to you.

If this is your version of 'helping,' you're not.

There's always three sides to the story I guess.
Oh my... very sensitive.. C.A. Please learn from your NE counterpart's leadership. OBTW... you're not a fighter pilot if you fly A-10's (per your linked in page). You're an attack guy.

Now if we can get back to grown up business... This is a valuable forum and Line pilot to Management comms are very important... which is the information that folks reading this tune in. You have a good day.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: 747 FO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI
Old 02-22-2017, 07:05 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Oh my... very sensitive.. C.A. Please learn from your NE counterpart's leadership. OBTW... you're not a fighter pilot if you fly A-10's (per your linked in page). You're an attack guy.

Now if we can get back to grown up business... This is a valuable forum and Line pilot to Management comms are very important... which is the information that folks reading this tune in. You have a good day.
Getting into the semantics of F vs. A and the role of the A-10 is truly an internet forum gem in how it relates to your original argument on King Air fleet intra-company communication. Internet tough-guy GOLD my friend !!!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:41 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
Getting into the semantics of F vs. A and the role of the A-10 is truly an internet forum gem in how it relates to your original argument on King Air fleet intra-company communication. Internet tough-guy GOLD my friend !!!
after further review I must agree with you Krusty... that was a dumb comment in the context of the conversation.... better next time.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Back on the "light" side...

Operational concern... not huge but worthy of reply.
...the good news is the new Northeastern Pilot Supervisor is engaging on Yammer. He has been immediately responsive to a few issues in just the last 48 hours. This is just beginning to unfold for the better.
Is "Yammer" an app that many Gama folks are on? Sorry to sound like a dope, just curious...Never heard of it until now...Thanks!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: 747

Yammer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yammer, Inc.
Yammer logo.png
Type of business Subsidiary
Type of site
Enterprise collaboration
Founded September 2008
Headquarters San Francisco, CA, US
Founder(s) David O. Sacks
Adam Pisoni[1]
Parent Microsoft
Website Yammer.com
Yammer is a freemium enterprise social networking service used for private communication within organizations. Access to a Yammer network is determined by a user's Internet domain so that only individuals with approved email addresses may join their respective networks.[2]

The service began as an internal communication system for the genealogy website Geni.com,[3] and was launched as an independent product in 2008.[4] Microsoft later acquired Yammer in 2012 for US$1.2 billion.[5]
Old 03-18-2017, 03:58 AM
Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Large cabin Bizjet

Making $80k a year as a captain on a turboprop with a 8/6 schedule is way better than a lot of other jobs out there. I used to be on a 12/6 schedule making $72k a year as a Hawker captain flying airplanes that were older than the Wright Flyer with really crappy maintenance and operating at the fringes of the FAR's. Same applies for making $80k/year as an Excel FO or $110k/year as an Excel captain. No job is perfect, but some are better than others.

The real question should be is how long will Wheels Up be around operating under its current form. Kenny D has a habit of starting companies, building them up, and then selling them off. Who would buy WU? And how would the pilot group be affected? Mergers/buyouts never work out well for employees. There is a hot rumor that Berkshire Hathaway is looking at WU. Would WU and Netjets be independent operations, or would they be blended in together? Would they keep the King Air's? Would the WU/Gama pilots be blended in to the NetJets pilot fold, or would they stay with Gama (which would most likely mean layoffs, what is Gama going to do with 200 pilots all of a sudden?). I guess only time can tell. I will say that the pilot job market is like its never been before, so there are lots of options out there.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Wow! Would that ever be good news if in fact Berkshire Hathaway took over. I would love to see that with the hopes that they would drop any association with Gama and all administration would be done in house. What a great operation that could be.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by mrski View Post
Wow! Would that ever be good news if in fact Berkshire Hathaway took over. I would love to see that with the hopes that they would drop any association with Gama and all administration would be done in house. What a great operation that could be.
What is your deal? Have you tried to get on here and couldn't for some reason?