Old 09-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

I will!, thanks man
Old 09-17-2016, 03:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyguy93 View Post
Yea that contract doesn't have me to excited. I own and operate a business that pays the bills... more or less just looking for something to fill my time with for right now. Flight instructing is great, but can only go around the pattern so many times! But also hate to get to STL and sit there for 3 days and not fly for whatever reason.

If pay is not important, you have Souther Airways Express. They also fly Caravan, many diferent bases, and just 1-year contract....
Old 09-17-2016, 08:44 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
If pay is not important, you have Souther Airways Express. They also fly Caravan, many diferent bases, and just 1-year contract....
That doesn't sound like a half bad gig there ! Looks like they have a few more options for growth to. So that would defiantly be a perk
Old 09-28-2016, 07:23 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Too many other options. I've been there. Don't do it. Southern is prorated 1 year contract for the same plane and has a better culture. There are others out there that fly the same plane with no contract.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by SierraGolf View Post
Too many other options. I've been there. Don't do it. Southern is prorated 1 year contract for the same plane and has a better culture. There are others out there that fly the same plane with no contract.

I don't know if culture is better, but pay is way too low $12/block hour, no CASS, no health insurance.....

My CPL checkride is next week, my stuff is already packed haha. Whoever hires me....1 year contract better than 2, CASS better than no CASS, etc.....

What other options do you have in mind SierraGolf?
Old 01-19-2017, 06:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!

I hear WEBBER on the radio all the time, how are you guys?

Do you all have an open jumpseat policy?

I'm an alpa regional guy, cass, all that stuff.

How full and reliable are your DEC-STL flights? Bad in the winter?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by CaseTractor View Post
I hear WEBBER on the radio all the time, how are you guys?

Do you all have an open jumpseat policy?

I'm an alpa regional guy, cass, all that stuff.

How full and reliable are your DEC-STL flights? Bad in the winter?
We require a reciprocal agreement and cass. we have reciprocal agreements with all regionals except Horizon and Endeavor.

I'd call the station ahead of time and they can help give you flight loads, 217-423-7026. You shouldn't have an issue between the two flights each day unless one is canceled. Even if booked full, we have a high no show rate as the passenger is barely paying anything for these flights (courtesy of the EAS program). Reliability is hit or miss, the last few weeks of this winter have been a challenge due to freezing rain, low vis and such.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!

Thanks fly diamond!
Old 01-21-2017, 07:39 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2016

I've been thinking about applying at Air Choice after I clear 300 hrs , renew my IFR ticket, and get my commercial single. Do they typically hire at their mins of 300 hours, or should I wait and get more hours and some other ratings?
Old 01-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
I've been thinking about applying at Air Choice after I clear 300 hrs , renew my IFR ticket, and get my commercial single. Do they typically hire at their mins of 300 hours, or should I wait and get more hours and some other ratings?
Most of the new FOs coming in have around 500 hours of experience, however 250-300 hour pilots have been hired in the past. The recruiter places great emphasis on recency of experience. Doing an IPC and earning an initial or add-on commercial ticket should help in that department. I will caution you that the recruiter is still telling applicants that they can expect 90 hours a month if so desired, but we are overstaffed and most FOs are flying at or under guarantee of 60 hours. Combine that fact with our long training contracts and there may be better options out there.