Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ravn connect / Bering air / Grant hiring? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/98391-ravn-connect-bering-air-grant-hiring.html)

david1701 11-18-2016 09:49 AM

Ravn connect / Bering air / Grant hiring?

Looking for that sweet 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off schedule. QOL? Pay? I'm at ATP mins and have 135 experience. Ready to work hard in the cold!

fishbait32 11-18-2016 08:05 PM

Hageland Aviation (Ravn Alaska) is hiring every few months it seems. They just had a ground school this week. The previous one was in middle of July. This means you may be waiting until around March if they keep on the current pace. They are hurting for 207 pilots (they upgrade those who have 1000 hours into the 207 from 1900 SIC) so if you find a number to call and tell them you are ready to work in the 207, they may hire you!

Unfortunately there isn't a real application to it. Just send in your Resume like it says to the email address on the careers website and that should be it. Its more about word of mouth with these guys than anything. I got hired through a guy I know.

Like I said you can probably get into the 207 right away if you have 1,000 hours. Pay has switched from hourly rates to daily rates (as the hourly rates you would take a pay cut switching to the 207 from the 1900 SIC and many pilots didn't want to leave the 1900 because of it). The rates are currently as follows: Caravan SIC: $100 a day. 1900 SIC: $175. 207 is at least $220 a day, haven't actually heard how much they get paid as I never bothered to ask.

You work two weeks on two weeks off. Ravn Alaska is the largest regional in Alaska so its good to have that as there are lots of planes flying. Pilot housing is available to pilots who live in any of the village bases. If you are based in Fairbanks or Anchorage you have to find your own place to live. Fairbanks has a pilot house from a local guy who rents out. Co Pilots don't pay rent, captains from 207, Caravan, 1900, etc do pay rent in company housing, roughly 200 bucks a month.

Best perk about Hageland is the 2 weeks on the 2 weeks off and that we have CASS! Getting to jumpseat around is amazing and didn't expect to be doing it right away in my aviation career. At least half the pilots live outside of Alaska, though there are quite a few that live in Anchorage and Fairbanks that will commute out to the bases for their work shifts. Being able to jumpseat on vacation is even better.

flydaho 11-18-2016 08:26 PM

Yeah typically hiring goes in waves. As Hagelands part of Ravn I think your best bet is to apply via ravn's site. When I was hired a few years back I didn't hear anything until Februaryish, then it was a flurry getting paperwork and all that done fast. Anyone have any idea if Yute still hires low time guys straight into 152/172's? That or an SIC type thing is a really great way to get a feel for flying up there. Good luck! Most fun flying I've ever done was in western Alaska

TripleMailer 11-18-2016 08:40 PM

Hageland will be having another class in January. Interviews after Thanksgiving week. Email your resume to the Chief Pilot - [email protected]

PrettyFlyGuy 11-18-2016 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by flydaho (Post 2246099)
Yeah typically hiring goes in waves. As Hagelands part of Ravn I think your best bet is to apply via ravn's site. When I was hired a few years back I didn't hear anything until Februaryish, then it was a flurry getting paperwork and all that done fast. Anyone have any idea if Yute still hires low time guys straight into 152/172's? That or an SIC type thing is a really great way to get a feel for flying up there. Good luck! Most fun flying I've ever done was in western Alaska

Yea they still have 2 172's out in Bethel but hire straight into the 207 if they think your capable. They've been running classes pretty much monthly so if you are needing something now it's your best bet and pays more than the other operators. All my buddies there say they've been timing out at 8 hours a day as well. So good way to build more hours and make some bank.

hauslp 11-18-2016 10:08 PM

Grant is hiring, at 500 hours you'd be able to get into an Airvan or a 207.