Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ryan air services AK

Old 04-19-2017, 03:55 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: SF340/C208

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Bering has ever had a fatal accident?
In the 80's Bering lost a pilot who made a forced landing and died of hypothermia before he could be picked up the next day. They have an outstanding safety record for 35+ years of operation in western Alaska.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Apparently Hageland has made dramatic Changes in the last few months, for good this time

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yes, they now wear safety vests! Right as I was leaving, they sent out a memo saying they were making the vans IFR only for any airport >20 miles away with an approach, regardless of the weather. Not sure if they ever updated their books, though.

Despite that, it was still perfectly fine for a sled to launch in 600/2 SVFR and cruise around at 500'. So a less equipped aircraft with a less experienced pilot could still tuck along at 500' with his forehead in the soup, but a better equipped aircraft with a more experienced (and oftentimes multi) crew had to go IFR on a clear and a million day.

I don't know the solution, but what they did after the second crash of 2016 wasn't even close to right.

It's been almost five months since I left, though, so maybe things really are finally turning around. The pay has increased dramatically and I've known a few people to head back out for it.

Originally Posted by SZACP View Post
In the 80's Bering lost a pilot who made a forced landing and died of hypothermia before he could be picked up the next day. They have an outstanding safety record for 35+ years of operation in western Alaska.
Man, I had never heard that. Either way, their record is absolutely stellar. Like I said before, Ryan and Bering are where I would go if I ever decide to go back.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

I guess Changes are not that dramatic haha, but those IFR procedures should help in my opinion

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 07:55 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Will Ryan Air hire a right hire a fresh commercial pilot without a multi-engine license?
Old 07-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by bostonpilot55 View Post
Will Ryan Air hire a right hire a fresh commercial pilot without a multi-engine license?
The grammar is a bit confusing but I assume you mean your a 250Hr pilot? I never met anyone there without one. They seem to put guys in the sled after flying right seat in the Casa which requires a multi. So you can apply and give it a shot but Ryan usually gets a good number of applicants so I assume they will pick the guy with the multi.
Old 01-08-2021, 12:03 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default Hiring!

Ryan Air recently put out an SIC position for Anchorage, AK.

Minimum 250 TT with Comm Single and Multi. Is this for their Casa or the PC-12?

Pilot ? SIC
Old 01-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by hayzel7 View Post
Ryan Air recently put out an SIC position for Anchorage, AK.

Minimum 250 TT with Comm Single and Multi. Is this for their Casa or the PC-12?

Pilot ? SIC
Most likely Casa. It's a lot of hard work up there but a great experience. I worked up on the North slope a few years back. Not for Ryan but another no longer in business AK pt135 company
Old 01-08-2021, 01:09 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017

I'd be surprised if they didn't start you in the casa. I think they bought a saab not to long ago to. I'll echo the last guy... Alaska flying is alot of work. Make sure you try the muktuk.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
I'd be surprised if they didn't start you in the casa. I think they bought a saab not to long ago to. I'll echo the last guy... Alaska flying is alot of work. Make sure you try the muktuk.
Used to fly buckets of Kimchi from Barrow to Point Hope to go with the muktuk. Sam & Lee's in Barrow would make it and ship out in 5 gallon buckets.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
I believe they have a second saab now. They're hiring up to 6 SICs according to the job posting on their facebook page. It's possible that there may be an open spot on the saab, but I agree that most, if not all, will go to the casa