Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

The Truth About Tradewind

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 10:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Yeah I’m not too familiar with it. Wasn’t sure how to phrase it. I’ve just heard some operators with CASS can’t ride in the jumpseat on certain airlines if the cabin is full. I’m probably wrong though.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Admiral

Originally Posted by pocho View Post
Yeah I’m not too familiar with it. Wasn’t sure how to phrase it. I’ve just heard some operators with CASS can’t ride in the jumpseat on certain airlines if the cabin is full. I’m probably wrong though.
You need a reciprocal jumpseat agreement to with an airline to ride in their respective jumpseat. Considering that the PC-12 doesn’t have an actual cockpit j/s, you might find it hard getting those agreements and thusly be relegated to sitting in the back. If you do have a reciprocal agreement with an airline, United for example, it doesn’t transfer to their regional partners. You would need a separate agreement for each one.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:21 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Yeah so, we are in CASS, and as of now we can jumpseat on airlines that don't require a reciprocal agreement (such as, Atlas, OMNI, couple of the regionals etc). There's no "full CASS" for every airline, some airlines just have more agreements than others. Since it's so new, they are currently working on those agreements.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

That's what I was getting at, thanks for the info!
Old 08-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Hi all, I’m a United pilot trying to get info for my friend. What are competitive hours for FO’s? Are you guys hiring FO’s? How many hours do you average a month?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
Hi all, I’m a United pilot trying to get info for my friend. What are competitive hours for FO’s? Are you guys hiring FO’s? How many hours do you average a month?

Thanks in advance!
I was hired for the June class, I was brought on with about 1200 TT but typically 900 hours will get you in the door. It is recommended to apply with 800. We are hiring FOs. I finished my first month of flying the line and with a couple overtime days I did just over 70 hours and spent one night in a hotel.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
I was hired for the June class, I was brought on with about 1200 TT but typically 900 hours will get you in the door. It is recommended to apply with 800. We are hiring FOs. I finished my first month of flying the line and with a couple overtime days I did just over 70 hours and spent one night in a hotel.
Great info, thanks so much for posting. Much appreciated!
Old 08-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

I have been reading APC's forum for months as I start the process of working on my COM/ME and retiring from a 30 year corporate life to fulfilling a lifelong dream of becoming professional pilot. TW has been on my radar for some time. I'm 52, will have about 800 hours TT by EOY and completed my COM/ME. I live in NY and quite frankly the pay isn't as important to me as some of the younger guys. But a place like TWs can provide me a chance to learn, get time and start a career as a professional pilot. Obviously, meeting all their (or other 135 operations requirements).

But reading this reminds me of when I started in sales when I was 22. I was sent on the worst trips, worst locations, dealt with the worst customers. I never knew what my bosses and leadership would throw at us as young sales team members. It was tiring and frustrating and hard. But I built my "hours" and learned while learning to adapt and grow as a professional.
Quite frankly, it's operations like TW's and the current state of pilot need that will provide me a chance to fulfill my own dreams. Hard work and tough environments just don't scare me anymore.

Last edited by Cirrus2turbine; 08-01-2018 at 06:53 PM.