Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #331  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
Thanks , how about for FOs?

Plan on 2 years and 14,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GearDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #332  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Part 135 / CFI-I / FAST-carded formation pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearDwn View Post
Plan on 2 years and 14,000

Unless Iím missing something, this is for an aircraft that does NOT require a type rating AND with training that is done in the actual aircraft (not in a sim rented from a third party at significant expense). Doesnít seem close to ballpark in current hiring market, but YMMV...
majorpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #333  
Line Holder

I agree with your thoughts, but this appears to be pretty consistent for low time pilots trying to avoid becoming instructors.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #334  
Line Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpilot View Post
Unless Iím missing something, this is for an aircraft that does NOT require a type rating AND with training that is done in the actual aircraft (not in a sim rented from a third party at significant expense). Doesnít seem close to ballpark in current hiring market, but YMMV...

I agree with your thoughts, but this appears to be pretty consistent for low time pilots trying to avoid becoming instructors.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:31 AM   #335  
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: C-130H

Does anyone that was recently hired by boutique air as a SIC know what the current training contracts are? Older posts say 10K for 1yr but recent post guys are saying 14k for 2 years? And if thatís true does it prorate down after a certain amount of time?
Lolo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:41 AM   #336  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

In 135 and 121 operations, Opspecs rule, as they are approved by the FAA. Opspecs are controlling for issues such as allowing for SIC to log time. That is irrespective of whether or not the aircraft is certified for one or two pilots. Their Opspecs also allow single pilot with an operable autopilot.

BTQ has, apparently, reacted to their turnover by increasing the pain for FOs to leave early, hence the reported higher and longer contract amount. The PIC contract (12 months) prorates after 6 months. I would assume the FO contract prorates similarly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo30 View Post
Does anyone that was recently hired by boutique air as a SIC know what the current training contracts are? Older posts say 10K for 1yr but recent post guys are saying 14k for 2 years? And if thatís true does it prorate down after a certain amount of time?
Flaps8posrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #337  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaps8posrate View Post
In 135 and 121 operations, Opspecs rule, as they are approved by the FAA. Opspecs are controlling for issues such as allowing for SIC to log time. That is irrespective of whether or not the aircraft is certified for one or two pilots. Their Opspecs also allow single pilot with an operable autopilot.

BTQ has, apparently, reacted to their turnover by increasing the pain for FOs to leave early, hence the reported higher and longer contract amount. The PIC contract (12 months) prorates after 6 months. I would assume the FO contract prorates similarly.
2 year/$14,000 for SICs is correct. After six months it goes down by $500 a month.
colonials13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #338  
Gets Weekends Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
2 year/$14,000 for SICs is correct. After six months it goes down by $500 a month.
What happens if you were to upgrade to Captain in a year? That one is fulfilled and you sign the 1 year for Captain?
BravoPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:24 AM   #339  
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaps8posrate View Post

But prior to PDP, there was no "opspec" to require an SIC in single pilot planes.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #340  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

So many posts have beat this dead horse subject to smithereens, Why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
But prior to PDP, there was no "opspec" to require an SIC in single pilot planes.
Flaps8posrate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boutique btq 4b