Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Boutique Air - Updated Info (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/99364-boutique-air-updated-info.html)

chrisbnsvs 01-17-2017 03:43 PM

"Boutique is great experience to fill the gap between flying a 172 or PA-28 and moving up to the 121 world if that's your goal. You'll be exposed to passenger operations, crew resource management, turbine aircraft systems, weather and maintenance issues, and pretty much everything else you'll encounter once you hit a 121 gig."

Excellent! That's EXACTLY what many of us are looking for. Everyone has to pay their dues, the only question is how useful those dues-paying experiences are. Not all 1500 hrs in a logbook are equal.

Please add my thanks & kudos to all of the others you've gotten! Your honest and informative posts, like the others from BTQ pilots past and present, really represent the company & its people well. Sounds like a great place to work.

A.FLOOR 01-18-2017 12:30 PM

Soo, I applied and got the opportunity to interview. I submitted dates and never heard back. Those dates have now expired since I never heard back. Is that typical?

Metroaviator 01-18-2017 03:54 PM

New posting tonight on the orange site for Captains and FO's in Baltimore MD. New east coast route coming?? :confused:

El Pilot 01-18-2017 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Metroaviator (Post 2284011)
New posting tonight on the orange site for Captains and FO's in Baltimore MD. New east coast route coming?? :confused:

I was just to ask the same question. It seems like a good opportunity and the PC-12 a cool airplane. Is it possible to commute from NJ? What is the schedule like?

RBZL 01-19-2017 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by pilotnicco (Post 2283844)
Soo, I applied and got the opportunity to interview. I submitted dates and never heard back. Those dates have now expired since I never heard back. Is that typical?

If you were given any contact information, follow up and see if they still want to interview you. They're busy enough that things slip through the cracks sometimes.

Originally Posted by Metroaviator (Post 2284011)

I heard about this last night too. It's possible. No official word through company channels to the pilot group yet that I've seen.

pilotlbs 01-19-2017 06:03 PM

Asking because I have a friend interested in applying. Do they accept applicants with less than 500 hours total time? Also, how do the co-pilots legally log the SIC time? Thanks for the info!

MaxMar 01-19-2017 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by pilotlbs (Post 2284721)
Asking because I have a friend interested in applying. Do they accept applicants with less than 500 hours total time? Also, how do the co-pilots legally log the SIC time? Thanks for the info!

Also BTQ was selected to fly out of Massena and Albany, NY, to Baltimore. Not sure on the official status of that yet.

Javichu 01-19-2017 10:57 PM

dang this company is growing!! :)

RBZL 01-20-2017 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by pilotlbs (Post 2284721)

Not usually. They've got enough applications that they can be a bit picky, and 500 TT is pretty much the hard minimum right now.

Mike5250 01-20-2017 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by El Pilot (Post 2284143)
I was just to ask the same question. It seems like a good opportunity and the PC-12 a cool airplane. Is it possible to commute from NJ? What is the schedule like?

Seems like at other bases they get you home every night, which wouln't help with commuting much. Interested to see how they grow on E Coast as well.