Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Boutique Air - Updated Info (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/99364-boutique-air-updated-info.html)

mtf0011 10-01-2019 06:12 PM

Anyone know what the odds of getting based in DEN right away are?

Jump pilot 17 10-01-2019 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by mtf0011 (Post 2896727)

My buddy got hired a few months back and got DEN right away before transferring.

Joebob21 10-02-2019 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by mtf0011 (Post 2896727)

Denver is fairly easy to get, there are a lot of routes out of there.

scubadiver 10-07-2019 06:49 PM

New to the thread. I have read through a fair amount of this and another one but was wondering what a typical schedule looks like for a respective domicile.

I have been thinking about Boutique for a while and have already done the HR interview and am waiting for the technical. I am not in a position that I can relocate to one of the bases (looking for ATL or PIT, I guess) so commuting would be my preferred choice. I realize my life will probably not be very comfy by doing this but how bad?

Joebob21 10-08-2019 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by scubadiver (Post 2899957)
New to the thread. I have read through a fair amount of this and another one but was wondering what a typical schedule looks like for a respective domicile.

I have been thinking about Boutique for a while and have already done the HR interview and am waiting for the technical. I am not in a position that I can relocate to one of the bases (looking for ATL or PIT, I guess) so commuting would be my preferred choice. I realize my life will probably not be very comfy by doing this but how bad?

Scheduling will not go out of their way to accommodate your decision to commute. Their are many different types of trips depending on the base. Some have day trips(ends you back in base) some have pm shifts or constant duty overnights(stay in outstation crew house). Depending on how few or how many back to back days your working would dictate how commuter friendly that particular trip would be. ATL and PIT only have one route which is a PM overnight shift, but things change constantly, especially with what Boutique does(Essential air service). Would you be ok with having your base completely closed and having to go to any other base Boutique has? Keep in mind you’ll be signing a contract and potentially on the hook for 10-14K dollars. We have CASS and KCM benefits which would ease the pain of commuting but if you need to buy hotels even a few times a month that would add up quickly. If you’re coming in as an FO the income/expense ratio would be high, and likely not worth it. If you’re coming on as a captain it could be financially doable in my opinion. All of this said, BTQ has been a great company for me, but then again I live in base.

kevinboy1114 10-08-2019 08:36 AM

I got an email from Boutique asking for my availability for an interview which I am guessing is a phone interview. I gave them a week long availability. How soon should I expect a response from them with a interview date?

Joebob21 10-08-2019 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by kevinboy1114 (Post 2900239)
I got an email from Boutique asking for my availability for an interview which I am guessing is a phone interview. I gave them a week long availability. How soon should I expect a response from them with a interview date?

I would say anytime between now and a week from now

Joebob21 10-08-2019 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by kevinboy1114 (Post 2900239)

In all seriousness, they are fairly responsive. The interviewers are likely also line pilots, so depending on their schedule they will get back to you when they can.

kevinboy1114 10-09-2019 09:07 AM

I got the email for my availability last Wednesday Oct 2 so its been a week now.

kevinboy1114 10-09-2019 09:10 AM

And it would be for a captain/PIC slot in the PC12