Boutique Air - Updated Info

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Old 12-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by DouglasBo View Post
Advanced Air is hiring direct entry PC-12 PICs, competitive pay and schedule. If anyone is interested message me for details.
Is Advanced still looking for SICs as well?
Old 12-17-2019, 06:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: searching..

Does Boutique have all legacy PC-12's or are there some NG?
Old 12-17-2019, 06:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
Does Boutique have all legacy PC-12's or are there some NG?
All legacy 45/47 series, typically equipped with Garmin 430/530/650/750. EADI/EHSI in all of them.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I am in a position where I have received offers from Boutique (as a PIC), Tradewind (FO initially and upgrade within a few months), and ExpressJet (FO). Each has their pro's and con's and I am really struggling with which to go with. I don't currently live at ANY base for any of them. I would either be commuting (that's the plan initially) or perhaps even moving but I really don't want to move. Any comments or suggestions and words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I am in a position where I have received offers from Boutique (as a PIC), Tradewind (FO initially and upgrade within a few months), and ExpressJet (FO). Each has their pro's and con's and I am really struggling with which to go with. I don't currently live at ANY base for any of them. I would either be commuting (that's the plan initially) or perhaps even moving but I really don't want to move. Any comments or suggestions and words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Where do you live? I would speak with the companies and see what bases are available. Tradewind has the Bahamas BUT, you’ll probably get stuck in the northeast. Consider the type of weather you’ll encounter. Boutique has CASS and KCM, and depending on where you live and how far to drive to a major airport makes a difference. How many flights per day(chances)would they have for you to make it to work on time? Just narrow down what’s important to you, and take advice as a recommendation, but only you can make the decision
Old 12-19-2019, 12:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Is BTQ having pay issues? I just spoke with a friend who works there and this person said twice in the past month or two they had paychecks delayed?

An email was supposedly sent out saying something like ADP wouldn't process payments so they were looking at using Venmo but couldn't because of a 2K limit per day??? Paychecks ended up being 5 days late?

Any true to this?
Old 12-19-2019, 02:27 PM
135 Survivor

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Av8tr1 View Post
Is BTQ having pay issues? I just spoke with a friend who works there and this person said twice in the past month or two they had paychecks delayed?

Any true to this?
I heard the same from a current pilot. It also happened twice this year while I was with the company. That makes FOUR times this year that Boutique missed payroll.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Av8tr1 View Post

An email was supposedly sent out saying something like ADP wouldn't process payments so they were looking at using Venmo but couldn't because of a 2K limit per day??? Paychecks ended up being 5 days late?

Any true to this?
Some people's pay was a day or two late, others were five days late. But, yes true.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
Where do you live? I would speak with the companies and see what bases are available. Tradewind has the Bahamas BUT, you’ll probably get stuck in the northeast. Consider the type of weather you’ll encounter. Boutique has CASS and KCM, and depending on where you live and how far to drive to a major airport makes a difference. How many flights per day(chances)would they have for you to make it to work on time? Just narrow down what’s important to you, and take advice as a recommendation, but only you can make the decision
I live in Southern Virginia... The land of no local commercial flying jobs. I could commute out of Raleigh, NC or Greensboro, NC.

I was also just scheduled for an interview with Planesense so that is another potential. It may be the better option because they have reporting bases all over the place, unfortunately I am just outside the range of 2 of them. I have heard they could create a reporting base though. I only do take advice as a recommendation. I value the feedback from those with first hand experience at any of them.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I live in Southern Virginia... The land of no local commercial flying jobs. I could commute out of Raleigh, NC or Greensboro, NC.

I was also just scheduled for an interview with Planesense so that is another potential. It may be the better option because they have reporting bases all over the place, unfortunately I am just outside the range of 2 of them. I have heard they could create a reporting base though. I only do take advice as a recommendation. I value the feedback from those with first hand experience at any of them.
I completely understand your desire to stay put, it is also the main reason I made my choices the way I have thus far. I’ve heard good things about Planesense. Just consider long term goals also and the realistic possibilities for bases. Maybe take some time to explore major hubs and cities you think you’d like to live long term, otherwise your options may be limited. You can have a good life with a nearby corporate operation.