Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Boutique Air - Updated Info (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/99364-boutique-air-updated-info.html)

RBZL 01-24-2017 10:11 AM

We did finally get an email to submit new bids because the east coast routes are anticipated to be awarded. Looks like Baltimore will be the base. Supposed to start up roughly March-April if we get the contract.

RBZL 01-27-2017 10:29 AM

Boutique passengers are also now able to use TSA Pre-Check if they're set up for it. I know that previously, this ticked off a lot of passengers that they couldn't use it, so good news for them.

jks621 01-30-2017 08:20 PM

Sorry if this is an obvious or dumb question. What are the chances of getting LAX or PHX currently for SIC? Looking at applying and have been reading as much as I can on Boutique and a few others.

Javichu 01-30-2017 08:21 PM

Getting Hired is already hard :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BarbaraPalvin 01-30-2017 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by jks621 (Post 2291575)
Sorry if this is an obvious or dumb question. What are the chances of getting LAX or PHX currently for SIC? Looking at applying and have been reading as much as I can on Boutique and a few others.

Heard the LAX is currently filled. Not sure about the PHX.

How many of you here are waiting for the technical interview after they went through the HR?

Javichu 01-30-2017 08:51 PM

I am waiting for the technical

jks621 01-31-2017 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2291576)
Getting Hired is already hard :)

Unfortunately you're right. I know someone mentioned that you could switch bases once you're hired, does anyone know how easy it is to move bases if hired? Denver taking most of the new hires?

N993T 01-31-2017 12:00 PM

The current class is all Denver based. Of course these things are cyclical, but right now it appears that Denver staffing is on the decline (just as we finally made it to a 4 and 3 schedule for January). I expect things will stabilize again, though.

Changing bases is not as simple as saying "I want to change base." You do get to list a base of preference, and that gets you ahead of new hires. But there is no guarantee as to how quickly the change will occur.

If you are considering Boutique, I'd recommend being willing to start at a base other than your first choice if at all possible. Be careful, though. MSP and PDX seem to have commutable schedules, other bases not so much. I guess it depends on how much you want the job.

jks621 01-31-2017 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by N993T (Post 2291991)
The current class is all Denver based. Of course these things are cyclical, but right now it appears that Denver staffing is on the decline (just as we finally made it to a 4 and 3 schedule for January). I expect things will stabilize again, though.

Changing bases is not as simple as saying "I want to change base." You do get to list a base of preference, and that gets you ahead of new hires. But there is no guarantee as to how quickly the change will occur.

If you are considering Boutique, I'd recommend being willing to start at a base other than your first choice if at all possible. Be careful, though. MSP and PDX seem to have commutable schedules, other bases not so much. I guess it depends on how much you want the job.

That makes sense. I'm pretty much willing to do whatever. Most of the pilots seem to enjoy Boutique, and while I'd love to best based in the West I have no problem with going elsewhere.

RBZL 02-03-2017 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by jks621 (Post 2291575)

PHX SIC is a possibility, we're about to be down to 3 of them soon. We're at ~60 hours/month now, so one less would make it hard to maintain ~12 days off a month like what they shoot for.

Originally Posted by jks621 (Post 2291751)
Unfortunately you're right. I know someone mentioned that you could switch bases once you're hired, does anyone know how easy it is to move bases if hired? Denver taking most of the new hires?

Bids go out every quarter. Basically, if you want to go somewhere, there's a spot open, and nobody with higher seniority wants to go there too, you should get it. Bids never bump anyone out of a base once they're in it, they only allow you to move if a spot is available.