Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:35 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2014

Any word if they're hiring captains for PHX? And do you have ID90 access for zed fares on other airlines?
Old 02-27-2017, 06:18 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by shoestrings1229 View Post
Any word if they're hiring captains for PHX? And do you have ID90 access for zed fares on other airlines?
Not right now, and no.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default HR phone call..

Ive been reading all of the posts for a while now. Just curious if anyone had any more recent advice for the HR/1st phone call.

Thanks in advance,
Old 03-02-2017, 08:34 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: PC-12 First Officer

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
It's almost like the company should slow down a bit and not go after every freaking route up for bid... Need to get the fleet and maintenance under control. What a concept.

Yeah that would be a great concept or actually hire a lot more people for the Denver base. Or here is a wonderful idea have an actual group of reserve pilots?!?!?! It's amazing to me how prepared (pilot wise) every other base is. Dallas has around 30 pilots total and flies to 3 cities and Denver has just over 40 pilots and flies to 12 cities. (Denver has 4x the routes and only just over 10 more pilots?!?!?!) They have had plenty of opportunities to staff Denver but consistently keep running it on the minimum amount of pilots. I also don't get why they consistently expand the flights out of Denver? Denver overlaps half the routes to Dallas and Phoenix? Why not have the PHX crews who fly 40 hours a month and 15 days off come to Alamosa and CDO or atleast meet us there instead of Denver flying KDEN-KALS-KPHX? Doesn't make much since to me. Same with Dallas we meet them in ABQ and even fly to Silver city together about an hour apart from each other?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Rockies Pilot View Post
Yeah that would be a great concept or actually hire a lot more people for the Denver base. Or here is a wonderful idea have an actual group of reserve pilots?!?!?! It's amazing to me how prepared (pilot wise) every other base is. Dallas has around 30 pilots total and flies to 3 cities and Denver has just over 40 pilots and flies to 12 cities. (Denver has 4x the routes and only just over 10 more pilots?!?!?!) They have had plenty of opportunities to staff Denver but consistently keep running it on the minimum amount of pilots. I also don't get why they consistently expand the flights out of Denver? Denver overlaps half the routes to Dallas and Phoenix? Why not have the PHX crews who fly 40 hours a month and 15 days off come to Alamosa and CDO or atleast meet us there instead of Denver flying KDEN-KALS-KPHX? Doesn't make much since to me. Same with Dallas we meet them in ABQ and even fly to Silver city together about an hour apart from each other?
PHX would love some route diversity but it's not really possible right now unless they give us another airplane or cut down on the day trips we've currently got. They'd probably have to add to the crew as well if they put another airplane down here.

They seem to be increasing reserve coverage, and I'm guessing chances are good the captains we have here on reserve most of March will end up in Denver to help you guys out.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Default Training Contracts

No 135 operation is allowed to hire a pilot without training them. Zero option, must train, cannot avoid or bypass this. -Required By FAR-

If every pilot refused to sign a "training" contract, 135 companies would be forced to train, anyways.

It is not a training contract.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by Safety View Post
No 135 operation is allowed to hire a pilot without training them. Zero option, must train, cannot avoid or bypass this. -Required By FAR-

If every pilot refused to sign a "training" contract, 135 companies would be forced to train, anyways.

It is not a training contract.
It's a "don't get your time and leave us so quickly" strategy.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
It's a "don't get your time and leave us so quickly" strategy.
I'd have to say "duh" to this one. I hope no one thinks a training contract has anything to do with your training. Completely agree.

I can understand it financially from their side, but if you're willing to treat your employees with respect and deliver on everything you told them during the interview, you probably wouldn't have to come up with a financial scare tactic to keep pilots.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by helinut View Post
I can understand it financially from their side, but if you're willing to treat your employees with respect and deliver on everything you told them during the interview, you probably wouldn't have to come up with a financial scare tactic to keep pilots.
*ding ding ding ding*

We have a winner
Old 03-13-2017, 07:36 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2014

Just some notes for everyone:

Had the HR interview with Monique. She said to expect a call for the technical interview in the next 5-8 weeks...I got called about 24 hours later. Also they're really recruiting for the new Baltimore run.