Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Window Licker

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Few questions on Boutique if someone could answer that would be great;

1) What does the Dallas base look like for staffing?

2) Anyone doing more than 80 hours/month at any base consistently?

3) I'm less than 30 hours from reaching CA mins. Should I apply for the CA position or the FO position? (I know that is a dumb question but keep reading--->) I wouldn't be able to move until Mid-may. However, I really don't want to wait between positions. If HR is congested should I move forward now or just wait? Any suggestions on how to handle that?

4) This may have been covered, but training pay etc?
Old 03-17-2017, 03:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

So I guess I'll start....what can boutique air look forward to if the EAS program gets officially cut?
Old 03-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
So I guess I'll start....what can boutique air look forward to if the EAS program gets officially cut?
Good question

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Remember this is just a proposal from Trump. Since our government is addicted to the credit card, I'm sure the EAS program will be spared somehow
Old 03-18-2017, 04:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

probably instant liquidation. Don't see how they could go forward without the subsidy.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Md5drivr View Post
Few questions on Boutique if someone could answer that would be great;

1) What does the Dallas base look like for staffing?

2) Anyone doing more than 80 hours/month at any base consistently?

3) I'm less than 30 hours from reaching CA mins. Should I apply for the CA position or the FO position? (I know that is a dumb question but keep reading--->) I wouldn't be able to move until Mid-may. However, I really don't want to wait between positions. If HR is congested should I move forward now or just wait? Any suggestions on how to handle that?

4) This may have been covered, but training pay etc?
1) Not sure with Dallas staffing, I always seem to see a pilot in the new hire list for Dallas though.

2) Unlikely, guys here have asked to fly over 80 hours (even heading to another busy base on off days) and have been refused.

3) Put together a cover letter and mention that. If you'll likely have PIC mins by the time you're in new hire class, may as well plan on that.

4) I've forgotten what exactly the training pay is, something like $500 flat rate for the first two weeks and then you start on your normal rate/guarantee after that, even if you're still in training. Can start collecting per diem after the first two weeks if you're not based in Denver too, though it doesn't amount to be much.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Boutique Air receives some $40 million in EAS subsidies (approximately), so depending on the extent of the cuts, we might limp along a little while or we might shut down overnight when the cuts go into effect. Hard to say, hasn't been any official word from the company to employees yet as the budget proposal is just that - a proposal. The proposal has a lot of ridiculous cuts in it that are not likely to be enacted, in my opinion.

We fly a lot of doctors that commute to the EAS communities, senators/representatives, and other people that rely on EAS not just for themselves but for a number of others. I'd honestly be pretty surprised if EAS got the axe, but stranger things have happened this year. Another reason to keep my instructor ratings current...
Old 03-19-2017, 07:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

One of the reasons I got out. All their eggs in one basket.

Need to get the charter stuff up and running.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:04 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

So I got the email saying I've been put in the hiring pool, generally how long have people waited before getting an actual offer with base and training date? Thanks a ton!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Resume Own NAV View Post
So I got the email saying I've been put in the hiring pool, generally how long have people waited before getting an actual offer with base and training date? Thanks a ton!
When did you have your technical?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk