Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 09:51 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: CFII

Received an email about a month ago saying I was added to the pool for PC-12 FO. Anyone who got picked up from the hired pool remember roughly how long they waited?
Old 11-25-2018, 05:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by thechaseh View Post
For any PICs:

If I were hired today, how long can I expect to sit reserve for? Also, once off reserve, how many hours are you flying a month?

Thanks.
They hustled to get me off high minimums, so you can count on your first month as a PIC to be blow and go 80+ hours of flying, then when you hit 100 hours they kinda forget who you are.

Once i got off high minimums my entire schedule was built around commuting to almost every available base to cover short staffed trips, any time i wasnt doing that i was on reserve, 75% of the time it would be a last minute phone call to commute to BOS or LAX. 25% of the time it would be deadheading out to a maintenance base to pick up a plane and re-position it half way across the country

with boutique i dont think there is ever a time you are "off reserve" one look at the schedule reveals that almost everyone has at least a few days worth of it lovingly sprinkled into their reality.

I've seen some pretty senior captains have trips week one and two, reserve most of week three and suddenly trips again week four. of any given month.

on your schedule preference form you will fill out every month you can chose "no reserve" or "max reserve" but unless you are number one in base, i dont think those buttons actually do anything.

EDIT: its worth noting that the 14 days off a month got dropped to 11 days off, and you can no longer pick 12 you can only pick 6 now so theres that. Frankly, if i were someone who had 135 PIC minimums in the bag, id do something else for a couple of months for the time and go grab a bonus at the regionals rather than get tangled up in a training contract for a year.

Last edited by Azorian; 11-25-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by thechaseh View Post
For any PICs:

If I were hired today, how long can I expect to sit reserve for? Also, once off reserve, how many hours are you flying a month?

Thanks.

I spent no time on reserve. Looking back over past 4 months, I had 2 days of reserve. I was never called in on either. I fly a line schedule and have had 11-14 days off each month. The last couple have been closer to 11. I have been flying averaging about 70 hours a month with about 10-11 nights away from home a month.

It obviously depends on your base, seniority, and company’s needs.

If you have past 121 or 135 experience then this is an easy job. The pilots with no real previous experience tend to complain a lot.

As the company’s needs change so will my schedule. It has been the same at every company I have worked at.

I live in base so my quality of life is good. I wouldn’t commute for this job as there are to many opportunities for pilots with more than ATP minimums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2018, 10:57 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by GearDwn View Post
It obviously depends on your base, seniority, and company’s needs.
^ that exactly, i'd be willing to bet if one were Boston or LAX based they wouldn't even see a day of reserve from the DOH

If you have past 121 or 135 experience then this is an easy job.
agreed, its cake

I live in base so my quality of life is good. I wouldn’t commute for this job as there are to many opportunities for pilots with more than ATP minimums.
hammer - nail - head. if you want good QOL, you really need to consider living within a reasonable drive of your domicile - otherwise, if you are going to have to spend a couple of days a week commuting to your base via a long drive or via a jump-seat or something, it will get old in a major hurry

keep in mind, November's poorly staffed base could be horribly overstaffed in January, and a base that has way too many PICs in January might be a virtual PIC ghost town come March, it happens fast, but if your base is heavily staffed when you hit the line, reserve is a given. That is one advantage of being in an understaffed base and being new, you probably will get max in base flying and zero reserve. a surprising number of people i talk to think that if you are on reserve, you are on reserve for your base - boutique doesnt have that kind of staffing - if you are reserve, your base doesnt matter, you are reserve for the whole system. when you duty on at 0815, you might get a call back at 0817 with an assignment to deadhead anywhere in the system and your United flight departs at 0930. in my prior 121 experience, every base had it's own reserve guys - not really the case here

like the man says, there are currently too many opportunities for folks with ATP minimums to justify commuting for this kind of gig right now.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: *click click, click click* Time to do pilot sh*t.

Will there be any classes in December or January?
Old 11-28-2018, 09:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

To my knowledge, in the last year, there has been at least one class per month. Regular turnover drives it!
Originally Posted by FlyingDawgg View Post
Will there be any classes in December or January?
Old 11-29-2018, 01:56 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2018

How soon out of training would someone be able to get pdx based?
Old 11-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default Boutique Air - Updated Info

Originally Posted by Vapor1 View Post
How soon out of training would someone be able to get pdx based?

I’m pretty sure this is a Senior base for PIC. I know a Captain was waiting 6 months or more for this and he just got awarded it. Not sure on SIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2018, 01:21 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2018
Default Pc12 cockpit photo and tng materials

I am awaiting HR interview next week for direct hire PIC.Can anyone provide cockpit photos, checklists, CTP materials or POH info. Figured I would try to start studying up. Thanks
Also any info on PIT base appreciated
Old 12-06-2018, 09:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Stigmeister View Post
I am awaiting HR interview next week for direct hire PIC.Can anyone provide cockpit photos, checklists, CTP materials or POH info. Figured I would try to start studying up. Thanks
Also any info on PIT base appreciated
Browse this website and back it up by reading Section 7 of the POH