Boutique Air - Updated Info

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Old 01-31-2019, 03:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by WHDC View Post
Any idea about the Atlanta base? How many nights home?

Not sure about ATL. This could be totally different. I can’t see other base schedules so not sure what the days off and how many overnights pilots are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2019, 05:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

See below answers to each question
Originally Posted by jjeppson View Post
Is all PC-12 initial training done in Denver?
Yes
You stay in a house, not a hotel room? Yes
What are chances of getting DFW base as PC-12 CA?
Good-Fair. Depends on their need, as they hire for the bases that need to be staffed.
How many overnights a month?
Every first work day is an overnight, for the most part. The following day, you finish by early afternoon and spend the night; rinse and repeat (and repeat). You will do this cycle for several days, then have a couple-three days off. It’s not really comutable though.
Are junior CA's sitting on full month reserve?
Not really, but it is slow (35-40 hrs) your first month, as they begin to work you into the schedule. They usually break you in by letting you learn one (or two) routes, when you’ve mastered that and they are comfortable with you, they begin to let loose a bit and you begin to get more varied flying and 60-80 hours. (That is generally during your second month)
Good luck!

Thanks for info. Phone interview on Friday.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

[QUOTE=Joebob21;2753203]
Originally Posted by GearDwn View Post
Also, keep in mind that in the middle of your 4 or 5 day work week, they can add shifts if needed and you won’t receive extra pay unless you are over the 80 hour guarantee. For example, if scheduled out Monday on PM shift and overnight at outstation and then get up Tuesday and fly AM shift and then scheduled to show for Wed PM shift and overnight and then Thursday AM shift, this could change to Mon PM shift, Tues AM and PM shift overnight at outstation again then Wed AM and PM shift and overnight again and then Thurs AM shift and off for couple days. Just an example but does and will happen. If the base is short pilots will happen a lot more.

GearDwn Any idea what bases may be currently in need of pilots?

Can’t really answer this as there are pilots in training that will be released. According to the seniority list we lose about 10-12 pilots a month so there is always movement and new opportunities when you least expect it. Get your application in as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2019, 08:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
I didn’t see this one coming... Probably a lot of cheap airframes available and friends who have flown it enjoyed it. Would certainly be interesting to fly the CATFISH:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...piaggio-avanti

No specifics about potential bases or how many airframes and over what timeframe....
King Airs are a much better option for charter. Especially since they already have some in fleet. Initial acquisition is cheaper on a P180, but definitely not operationally.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

Is there any current info on PDX? Are they just flying back and forth to PDT or are there more routes than that?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by ZBowFlyz View Post
Is there any current info on PDX? Are they just flying back and forth to PDT or are there more routes than that?
Still just PDT 3 trips per day.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:33 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Question

Any insights on when BTQ would make an initial contact after applying? It’s almost a month since I submitted my app, 600ish TT 74 instrument CSEL/CFII and haven’t heard except the auto email when you submit the app. Appreciate any info, Thanks.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: FAA ATC
Default Boutique Air Pilot Contracts

What are the current contracts Boutique Air FO and CA must sign? If an FO upgrades, how long is the new contract? What is the cost of breaking the contract for FO and CA?
Old 03-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: New hire 135 airline pilot
Default Realistic application-interview-offer time?

I'm a retired military pilot with 1400+ TT, RW & FW living in the Denver area. I'm enjoying my retirement but miss the cockpit and am thinking Boutique might be a "good-paying hobby" for a few years, or maybe even a second career. I saw the time line posted at the beginning of this thread in 2017 and am wondering about the current time line- from application to interview to job offer, for street Captains.

Is it pretty quick, or agonizingly slow?

What is a realistic expectation of time required to get into a Denver-based cockpit?

Is there a time of year when it is best to apply? / When is the greatest need?

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

See answers below:
Originally Posted by Privateer383 View Post
I'm a retired military pilot with 1400+ TT, RW & FW living in the Denver area. I'm enjoying my retirement but miss the cockpit and am thinking Boutique might be a "good-paying hobby" for a few years, or maybe even a second career. I saw the time line posted at the beginning of this thread in 2017 and am wondering about the current time line- from application to interview to job offer, for street Captains.

Is it pretty quick, or agonizingly slow?
If you meet 135 IFR mins, you get a job pretty quickly.
Depending on their needs at the time, you could hear back in a week or so.

What is a realistic expectation of time required to get into a Denver-based cockpit?
Depends on need. They have consistent turnover, so it is likely.
Is there a time of year when it is best to apply? / When is the greatest need?
Year ‘round. Be prepared to work hard with very little than legal rest on overnights.
Feel free to PM me

Thank you in advance.