Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Hageland teleconfrence interview experience? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/99529-hageland-teleconfrence-interview-experience.html)

david1701 01-20-2017 12:39 PM

Hageland teleconfrence interview experience?

I have the interview next week. HR didn't tell me what to expect. Any advice on what to study? Where I can find a gouge? Good questions to ask? I haven't been flying professionally for a year so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

nfpilot914 01-21-2017 01:13 PM

Hey I did a phone interview with them back in November. I didn't take the job because I am a family man and the pay and 15 days being gone was just a little too much for me. Other than that I would've been on top of it. The phone interview was very laid back! Their were no technical questions at all just your basic HR questions. I think it was only like 20 mins or so. It's basically why you want to fly with them, can you handle being their 15 days straight and deal with the living conditions etc. Also they will at first explain the pay and everything and answer any questions you have. They were really friendly so don't sweat it you'll do fine! Hope it goes well for you!!!

StartUp161WanaB 01-21-2017 03:07 PM

Pay

What was the pay as a FO?
Training contract?

nfpilot914 01-21-2017 03:45 PM

No training contract. For SIC on the Cessna Caravan in was $100 per day.

StartUp161WanaB 01-21-2017 08:48 PM

Wow
$100/day
I'm guessing hotels are paid for and they airline you back and forth!
....still on the low end for pay.

nfpilot914 01-22-2017 04:15 AM

Your first week of training you have to pay yourself for the hotel and you also have to pay for your flight up there to Anchorage. After the first week of training they pick up the tab and also take care of the flight back. From then on you jump seat with CASS to travel back and forth. Once you get to 1000 hrs I believe then you upgrade to PIC on the Cessna 207 and then pay goes to $200/day and then after 90 days it is $220/day. I don't know if anything has changed since November but that is what I remember.

Flyin4743 01-22-2017 06:33 AM

Hahaha there are no hotels once you are on the line. You will live in a pilot house out in the bush. Some houses are better than others, depending on which village you get based in. If you get the FO slot on the 1900, you may get to live in Anchorage, but that's all on you to pay for.

PrettyFlyGuy 01-22-2017 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by StartUp161WanaB (Post 2285973)
Wow
$100/day
I'm guessing hotels are paid for and they airline you back and forth!
....still on the low end for pay.

Well you have to realize these caravans fly single pilot most of the time so I would think it's generous they pay that. Considering there is no pay scale for someone who doesn't even meet 135 vfr pic requirements. They are paying you to "build time" in a plane with full autopilot and most people say doesn't require a copilot. I went to a party over the holidays with some hageland guys and one who interviewed at Ameriflight and PSA was sent home from both when he showed them his right seat caravan time. So just a heads up that the time might not go over well down the line. Some airlines accept it and some don't so just be prepared. Either way the experience up here is one in a million and fun as he!!.

El Pilot 01-22-2017 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy (Post 2286083)
Well you have to realize these caravans fly single pilot most of the time so I would think it's generous they pay that. Considering there is no pay scale for someone who doesn't even meet 135 vfr pic requirements. They are paying you to "build time" in a plane with full autopilot and most people say doesn't require a copilot. I went to a party over the holidays with some hageland guys and one who interviewed at Ameriflight and PSA was sent home from both when he showed them his right seat caravan time. So just a heads up that the time might not go over well down the line. Some airlines accept it and some don't so just be prepared. Either way the experience up here is one in a million and fun as he!!.

Is a SIC required by their ops spec? If it is, I believe you can still log it legally and it's legit. I'm not sure how it works in 135, but the guys at Planesense, Boutique, etc, all log SIC and they move on to better gigs.

alaskadrifter 01-22-2017 03:51 PM

$100/day is up quite a lot from when I was there. I got multiple job offers with a fair amount of van sic time in my logbook, so don't sweat getting on with a regional.