Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 91 and Low Time Jump pilots, crop dusting, and other Part 91 jobs
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2018, 03:46 AM   #21
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FO. CRJ 200
Posts: 121
Default

Civil air patrol. I flew with them for seven years and got a few hundred hours. Only had to pay for 4 hours to get my checkout. Theres alo of other requirements involved but its another avenue to gain time affordably
42jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:35 AM   #22
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Urp99,
check your pm !
renaissance2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #23
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: King Air 90/200 PIC
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedyxrider View Post
I am in Hammond la what company are you working for part time? All of the pipeline jobs I have seen require 1500
They may post that but insurance & ratty pipeline 172s dont go hand in hand. Got hired on with 320TT.

I'd check out Eagle Sky Patrol, Barr, KGSI, American Patrols, Guardian, Hawkeye Helicopters ( They have fixed wing )

got my hours in under 6mo.

Keep rippin along you'll be done before you know it! Enjoy the time, there are still aspects I miss. Mostly flying 200' and buzzing the occasional farmer.
Varietyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:07 PM   #24
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varietyjones View Post
They may post that but insurance & ratty pipeline 172s dont go hand in hand. Got hired on with 320TT.

I'd check out Eagle Sky Patrol, Barr, KGSI, American Patrols, Guardian, Hawkeye Helicopters ( They have fixed wing )

got my hours in under 6mo.

Keep rippin along you'll be done before you know it! Enjoy the time, there are still aspects I miss. Mostly flying 200' and buzzing the occasional farmer.
Well I am being an observer for Barr right now and they are saying 1500 because of the oil companies requirements not so much insurance requirements. Who did you get on with at 320?
Kennedyxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:09 PM   #25
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: King Air 90/200 PIC
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedyxrider View Post
Well I am being an observer for Barr right now and they are saying 1500 because of the oil companies requirements not so much insurance requirements. Who did you get on with at 320?
Either way why be an observer when you can go on your own solo adventure with any of the aforementioned companies. I was with ESP.
Varietyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #26
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Default

I work for Eagle Sky Patrol. PM me for any questions. I got hired on at 500 in August we usually want 750. I should have my hours by July time.
FlyingAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #27
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Default Eagle sky patrol

I am a little lower than 500 but Im in range I have about 415 at the moment, how do I get in touch with eagle sky patrol? It seems like I tried to look them up Before. Also I appreciate the information.
Kennedyxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:35 AM   #28
Gets Weekends Off
 
VanDriver208's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: Full Nelson
Posts: 327
Default

You guys all have the right attitude. Keep going, the hours will keep adding up. When I was low time it could get pretty discouraging feeling like I would never get to my goal. Just remember, aviation is a marathon not a drag race. For those of you who are flexible in where you move for a job, you might try looking at some 135 VFR operators up in Alaska. It was one of the best experiences of my career, and I would recommend it to anyone who's able to go. Just some food for thought. Keep it up guys!
VanDriver208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #29
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: CFI
Posts: 9
Default

It feels like a never ending battle! But should get there quickly as a CFI.
TurboWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #30
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 12
Default

I'm committed to a skydiving operation until October of this year,
but after that Alaska is definitely on my list of places to look for work! I took a summer and drove to Alaska a few years ago and just bummed around, fell in love with the place and can't wait to get back!
I'm currently at just under a thousand hours, should have close to 1500 by fall, and have my AP/IA with 25 years of experience in the industry. Any recommendations on places to apply to? Or areas to live? I'm currently thinking the South East or Anchorage, but I'm trying to get as much information as possible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDriver208 View Post
You guys all have the right attitude. Keep going, the hours will keep adding up. When I was low time it could get pretty discouraging feeling like I would never get to my goal. Just remember, aviation is a marathon not a drag race. For those of you who are flexible in where you move for a job, you might try looking at some 135 VFR operators up in Alaska. It was one of the best experiences of my career, and I would recommend it to anyone who's able to go. Just some food for thought. Keep it up guys!
urp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Allegiant Air j3cub Allegiant 5855 02-18-2018 09:25 AM
Aero Crew News - March - Delta / Endeavor Air AeroCrewSolut Endeavor Air 0 03-07-2016 11:30 AM
March to Washington DC --- Duty Regs Past V1 Major 2 01-27-2010 08:44 AM
JetBlue Airways Reports March Traffic edik JetBlue 1 04-17-2006 03:07 PM
UPS March Class Dates: Freight Dog Hiring News 0 02-23-2005 08:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:39 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.