Notices
Piedmont Airlines Regional Airline

Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors

Old 02-18-2019, 07:30 AM
  #3321  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 894
Default

I picked up a 3x reserve day before my 4 day. They turned the reserve day into a overnight and start my 4 day the next day. Is this a junior man and is it worth the 3.5 hours of pay? Thanks
123494 is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 AM
  #3322  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by 123494 View Post
I picked up a 3x reserve day before my 4 day. They turned the reserve day into a overnight and start my 4 day the next day. Is this a junior man and is it worth the 3.5 hours of pay? Thanks
It's a jr man extension.. yes it is worth it to get the stamp and 3.5 hours extension pay on the.... I've also been lucky to get an additional 3.5 hours extension for day 1 occ the 4 day..

That's the thanks you get for picking up open time.

Never pick up reserve prior to a trip as you will certainly be jr manned.
OpMidClimax is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:56 AM
  #3323  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 761
Default

Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
Same. I canít recall anything. Granted, Iím not on Facebook but maybe once a month.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you donít go on, but youíre telling me its not there hahah. I should be more like you and not go on tbh, waste of time
MantisToboggan is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 AM
  #3324  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Sitting and waiting
Posts: 443
Default

Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
So you donít go on, but youíre telling me its not there hahah. I should be more like you and not go on tbh, waste of time


Everyone should strive to be like me.

Been too busy reading the ASAP scorecard after a few messages about a subject we were talking about earlier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aviator493 is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 08:32 AM
  #3325  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Hello everyone! I would like to take the time to discuss winter flying. PLEASE, make sure you go into the cockpit of any flight you are DH'ing on and tell the crew how to do their job! I can't emphasize this enough. As a model aviator/FAA, I have learned that pilot's are benefitting from my vast knowledge. As a matter of fact, I am the sole reason an aircraft was deiced!!! Can you imagine that if I had not talked to these pilots, there is a 1 in a million shot that they may have not deiced? I am better than everyone here, until it comes to following ATC instructions. I find it better to do my own thing as I am former ATC and make better decisions than they do. The other day I was scolded by an ATC person because my idea was better than his and he did not see it this way. We need more people like me to stand up to these ATC'ers in order to operate more efficiently. Who cares if my company believes I was in the wrong. I believe I am always right, and my abilities show this. I can not wait to flow and bring my expertise to American Airlines. I will be a valued asset and probably asked to be a CP. Until then, I will not accept constructive criticism, follow instructions, or even listen to my FO's. I am their superior and if they were so good, they'd be captains. I look forward to continuing to be better than all of you, for as long as I'm here!
mainlinedreamer is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 08:36 AM
  #3326  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: 121 CA
Posts: 303
Default

Originally Posted by mainlinedreamer View Post
Hello everyone! I would like to take the time to discuss winter flying. PLEASE, make sure you go into the cockpit of any flight you are DH'ing on and tell the crew how to do their job! I can't emphasize this enough. As a model aviator/FAA, I have learned that pilot's are benefitting from my vast knowledge. As a matter of fact, I am the sole reason an aircraft was deiced!!! Can you imagine that if I had not talked to these pilots, there is a 1 in a million shot that they may have not deiced? I am better than everyone here, until it comes to following ATC instructions. I find it better to do my own thing as I am former ATC and make better decisions than they do. The other day I was scolded by an ATC person because my idea was better than his and he did not see it this way. We need more people like me to stand up to these ATC'ers in order to operate more efficiently. Who cares if my company believes I was in the wrong. I believe I am always right, and my abilities show this. I can not wait to flow and bring my expertise to American Airlines. I will be a valued asset and probably asked to be a CP. Until then, I will not accept constructive criticism, follow instructions, or even listen to my FO's. I am their superior and if they were so good, they'd be captains. I look forward to continuing to be better than all of you, for as long as I'm here!
Well we all know who that was about now. I did get a good laugh off the comments on his post...
Outof410 is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 AM
  #3327  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by Outof410 View Post
Well we all know who that was about now. I did get a good laugh off the comments on his post...
How long will the company allow for his antics? I mean hell, he posted a bunch of nonsense after he failed upgrade the first time. Literally makes post saying "my company doesn't believe I'm ready to be a captain but I totally disagree." Goes onto blame all the instructors and the process in general. I'm sorry, there is no place for this here, or at any airline. Be a team player and admit when you are wrong and learn from it.
mainlinedreamer is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 09:03 AM
  #3328  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 761
Default

This is unreal
MantisToboggan is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 09:09 AM
  #3329  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
This is unreal
Made my morning...
mainlinedreamer is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 09:16 AM
  #3330  
Gets Weekends Off
 
mm1989's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CA
Posts: 292
Default

Heís such a good captain because he had 2 times to figure it out! Imagine had we all been given the opportunity to go through upgrade 2 times in under a year.
mm1989 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Guard Dude
Delta
201270
Yesterday 10:39 PM
stoki
Regional
11227
04-26-2017 09:03 AM
Cruise
Spirit
10507
12-01-2016 01:52 PM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 01:50 PM
UnlimitedAkro
Major
60
03-11-2008 01:14 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread