Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #41  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Sitting down and facing front. Why would you want to know that?
Posts: 521
Default

I'm about as frustrated as I've ever been.

Oklahoma approved my medical and sent it to DC for final approval on May 1st. I've been calling about once a week, and they keep telling me, "any day now". I finally got the phone number to DC to check status with them, and they have never heard of me. Oklahoma never actually sent it over to them, and it's just been sitting for over 4 months now. Today, I verified with DC that it has been resent, and they will "fast track" it for me, and should have it done in a blistering 60-90 days. I'm sitting here waiting for my medical with a spot at an airline, watching my seniority drop every two weeks. This is beyond frustrating.
WhiteH2O is offline  
Old 09-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #42  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 23,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteH2O View Post
I'm about as frustrated as I've ever been.

Oklahoma approved my medical and sent it to DC for final approval on May 1st. I've been calling about once a week, and they keep telling me, "any day now". I finally got the phone number to DC to check status with them, and they have never heard of me. Oklahoma never actually sent it over to them, and it's just been sitting for over 4 months now. Today, I verified with DC that it has been resent, and they will "fast track" it for me, and should have it done in a blistering 60-90 days. I'm sitting here waiting for my medical with a spot at an airline, watching my seniority drop every two weeks. This is beyond frustrating.
It's the government. Their priorities are...

1. Their pensions
2. Their jobs
3. Their bureaucracy
4. Public safety

If your needs don't align with that list, don't expect too much. Your congress-person might be able to apply pressure on #3.

Not bashing any of you feds personally, that's just the way the system works and it's hard (but not impossible) to avoid being a product of that system.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #43  
Moderator
 
tomgoodman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 767A (Ret)
Posts: 5,600
Default

Bureaucracy Tip: If you can determine the name of the official whose signature you need, then you know who to call....not that person, but his or her secretary.
tomgoodman is online now  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #44  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsalad2 View Post
What is the phone number that you call to check on it?
405-954-4821. Don't go through the prompts, but hit zero. Wait time average is 15 minutes.
miapilot is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 01:05 AM   #45  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 42
Default

Another way to check about approval is with the FAA Airman Inquiry website. I was waiting for my SI and was checking here daily. When it`s approved it will show here the day of approval. It was listed here 5 days before it arrived at my home. No long waits on the Aeromedical Division phone number.
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/
DrainTheSwamp is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 08:00 AM   #46  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrainTheSwamp View Post
Another way to check about approval is with the FAA Airman Inquiry website. I was waiting for my SI and was checking here daily. When it`s approved it will show here the day of approval. It was listed here 5 days before it arrived at my home. No long waits on the Aeromedical Division phone number.
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/
My file was just sent in today so here starts 3-4 months of waiting but thank you for saving me 5 (ish) days!!!
KBIV is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #47  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBIV View Post
My file was just sent in today so here starts 3-4 months of waiting but thank you for saving me 5 (ish) days!!!
It will save you lot`s of time waiting on hold for the Aeromedical Division who are nice people but will only tell you OKC has it. Mine took 65 days
DrainTheSwamp is offline  
Old 12-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #48  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 14
Default

One year wait so far to determine if I will get a special issuance. Due to the holidays, most decisions will be sent out of DC somewhere around the second or third week of January. Of course this may mean more testing, more money, and another several more months of waiting.

This all began two years ago. 26 grand in out of pocket expenses and tests. Loss of income, etc, etc.

Also verify that all of your reports have been electronically entered into the system. One of my reports took two tries, this of course took 9 months and two letters of denial.

Whats the number of that truck driving school again? Or welding school?

Happy waiting...
phfly505 is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #49  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 54
Default

What’s the average wait time for alcohol abuse SIs?

Everything was submitted to OKC, and DC has everything as of last week. I had a favorable psychiatrist report.

Medical expires in March. Should I have something by then?
Westcoastdude is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #50  
Moderator
 
tomgoodman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 767A (Ret)
Posts: 5,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastdude View Post
What’s the average wait time for alcohol abuse SIs?

Everything was submitted to OKC, and DC has everything as of last week. I had a favorable psychiatrist report.

Medical expires in March. Should I have something by then?
The standard answer is “Expect to hear something within a few weeks”, but it’s like predicting the waiting time at your local Motor Vehicle Office. A lot depends on how many are in line ahead of you.
tomgoodman is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sleep Apnea Special Issuance jetdriver84 Pilot Health 6 04-27-2016 06:52 PM
ALPA opposes third-class medical reform Huck Major 183 11-24-2015 10:39 AM
Special Issuance Medical LRShooter Pilot Health 7 06-21-2015 03:55 AM
FAA extends medical durations for those under 40 Kingjay Pilot Health 8 09-10-2008 08:12 AM
FirstClass Medical extension dudewannabe Cargo 1 07-26-2008 12:20 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:04 PM.