Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
Default Who are these guys and who is funding them?

Center for the Prevention of Passenger Outsourcing
https://stoppassengeroutsourcing.org/

"Why the Shift to Smaller Planes Means More Trouble for Airline Passengers"
FA24 is online now  
Old 08-09-2019, 05:58 PM   #2  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 22,988
Default

Says they're passengers. Maybe they are.

Doesn't cost much to set up a web site.
rickair7777 is online now  
Old 08-10-2019, 04:26 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 160
Default

Good for them
rld1k is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 04:44 AM   #4  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 73
Default

Beech 1900s weren't good enough because they're too small. Then Q 400s weren't good enough because they want to fly on a jet. Now this. They'll never be happy. What do they want? Daily 773 service going into some small airport?
UnbeatenPath is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 05:08 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 312
Default

They are a little late to the party. 10 years ago, this may have been relevant, but ever since buffalo, the public is aware of regional airlines. Also, the trend has been to take back scope. There are less frames at the regionals today than a decade ago.

And 65 regional carriers? Please. List half of them.
itsmytime is online now  
Old 08-10-2019, 05:44 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GogglesPisano's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: 73NA
Posts: 3,326
Default

20 years too late. I'm going to start a website: "Why we shouldn't have to pay for 300 channels if we only watch 5."

Catchphrase, "Why big corporations force you to watch 25 sports channels on your hotel TV."
GogglesPisano is online now  
Old 08-10-2019, 06:51 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmytime View Post
They are a little late to the party. 10 years ago, this may have been relevant, but ever since buffalo, the public is aware of regional airlines. Also, the trend has been to take back scope. There are less frames at the regionals today than a decade ago.

And 65 regional carriers? Please. List half of them.
LOLOL it’s hard to say “the public is aware of regional airlines.” Yeah sure it’s written in fine print now on the boarding passes and booking sites, but many infrequent flyers don’t read those or have any idea what that means. They still see “DELTA” in massive letters on the side of the plane. We are also specifically told when making announcements, NOT to say “operated by XYZ regional airline”
stabapch is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 06:56 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KCaviator's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbeatenPath View Post
Beech 1900s weren't good enough because they're too small. Then Q 400s weren't good enough because they want to fly on a jet. Now this. They'll never be happy. What do they want? Daily 773 service going into some small airport?
Ha, I always think the same when pax get on a 175 and say “errrmerrgerrrdd it’s sooooo small.” They must be new to travel and skipped the Metroliner days.
KCaviator is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
20 years too late. I'm going to start a website: "Why we shouldn't have to pay for 300 channels if we only watch 5."

Catchphrase, "Why big corporations force you to watch 25 sports channels on your hotel TV."
So you’re in support of contract employment, B-scale operations and slave labor in the airline industry? Well if you work at a legacy of course you are because your paycheck is directly funded by it...

It’s about time an official public movement is started.
stabapch is offline  
Old 08-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabapch View Post
We are also specifically told when making announcements, NOT to say “operated by XYZ regional airline”
Interesting. I was on XJT and SkyWest a couple of weeks ago, and they both said who they were. I was expecting them not to. Maybe United requested that they do after the Dr. Dan incident?
itsmytime is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:20 PM.