Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Smile Choosing between Envoy, Skywest and Republic

Greetings everyone on the thread,

Iíd like to start off by sharing some information about myself. Iím currently an instructor applying to airlines while working towards my 1500 hours. Living in New York wanting to stay in New York. That being said, I have 3 regionals in mind. Envoy, Skywest and Republic have bases in New York but I understand Envoy isnít offering the base at this moment. Republic has a base in New York but the ties to the majors arenít as solid as Envoys. I have also heard that the base for Skywest in New York is not doing so well. Iím having a hard time deciding between the three in order to be able to live in New York with either my base being at home or somewhere relatively easy to commute to and from.

The question would be which airline you guys would recommend that would best benefit someone wanting to live in New York either having to commute or not. (lifestyle over pay)
Deco is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deco View Post
Greetings everyone on the thread,

Iíd like to start off by sharing some information about myself. Iím currently an instructor applying to airlines while working towards my 1500 hours. Living in New York wanting to stay in New York. That being said, I have 3 regionals in mind. Envoy, Skywest and Republic have bases in New York but I understand Envoy isnít offering the base at this moment. Republic has a base in New York but the ties to the majors arenít as solid as Envoys. I have also heard that the base for Skywest in New York is not doing so well. Iím having a hard time deciding between the three in order to be able to live in New York with either my base being at home or somewhere relatively easy to commute to and from.

The question would be which airline you guys would recommend that would best benefit someone wanting to live in New York either having to commute or not. (lifestyle over pay)
Please explain ďRepublics....ties to the majors arenít as solid as EnvoysĒ......
stabapch is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Posts: 1,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabapch View Post
Please explain ďRepublics....ties to the majors arenít as solid as EnvoysĒ......


Guessing he means no 10 year flow at Republic?
Paid2fly is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #4  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Sorry, I was talking about the flow but I know the flow is not something to rely on since it takes far too long.
Deco is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 03:57 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
blindfayth's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 238
Default

I don't see Skywest staying in LGA by next summer, and the QOL at Republic is much higher than Envoy.

Republic and Endeavor are the only ones I would be looking at if you want NYC, but you do you, man.
blindfayth is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 193
Default

Republic, who knows how long OO will last in NYC.
Cefiro is online now  
Old 08-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #7  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindfayth View Post
I don't see Skywest staying in LGA by next summer, and the QOL at Republic is much higher than Envoy.

Republic and Endeavor are the only ones I would be looking at if you want NYC, but you do you, man.
Thank you for the insight, I appreciate it.
Deco is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 04:56 PM   #8  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 2,574
Default

Republic, right now, is a better deal.
Who knows what happens in the future.
dera is online now  
Old 08-12-2019, 06:15 PM   #9  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
Republic, right now, is a better deal.
Who knows what happens in the future.
The regionals change within a month which is why Iíve been holding off signing with one but Iím getting close to my 1500 so the time is now. Thanks for the insight.
Deco is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 898
Default

I suggest you take OO off your list if you want to stay in New York. Pretty solid chance that base is gone this time next year as flying shifts out west. I would go to Republic or Endeavor depending on class date availability if I were you.
hawk21 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
envoy, republic, skywest
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 198140 Yesterday 04:55 PM
Read Before You Come To Envoy HanSoolu Envoy Airlines 153 07-15-2019 01:50 PM
Envoy Cadet what to do now? md11pilot11 Envoy Airlines 41 04-12-2019 03:44 PM
CJO Republic and Skywest ERJ MrFriendly7 Regional 19 11-08-2018 07:12 PM
Airline Management Admits to PILOT SHORTAGE: Republic, SkyWest Ellen Regional 4 04-19-2007 10:15 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:42 PM.