Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
CRJPlt's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 320B
Posts: 248
Default Mesa Air Group Settles Aloha Lawsuit

Mesa Air Group Settles Aloha Lawsuit and Agrees to Enter Long Term Licensing Agreement

Friday November 28, 5:41 pm ET


Mesa Air Group, Inc. today announced that it entered into a settlement with the former controlling shareholder of Aloha Airlines concerning the Aloha Airlines lawsuit over Mesa's Hawaiian inter-island flight services operated under the go! brand name. Under the terms of the settlement, and without admitting any wrongdoing, Mesa agreed:



-- Mesa will make a cash payment of $2 million;

-- Mesa will issue shares of Mesa common stock equal to 10% of its currently outstanding shares;

-- Mesa will provide certain Hawaiian inter-island travel benefits to the former employees of Aloha Airlines;
-- In the event the shareholder is able to purchase the "Aloha" name in the upcoming bankruptcy court auction, it will license the "Aloha" name to Mesa.

"We are extremely pleased to resolve all claims put forward in this litigation and look forward to re-branding service under the Aloha name in the near future," said Jonathan Ornstein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Mesa. "This settlement resolves all claims by Aloha Airlines related to Mesa's entry into the Hawaiian inter-island market and permits us to focus solely on our core competency of providing the best service, convenient schedules and low fare pricing to our customers. We intend to carry on Aloha's proud tradition, maintain Mesa's status as Hawaii's low cost air carrier and look forward to future growth opportunities made possible by this settlement.


WOW, just WOW, I don't even know what to say....
CRJPlt is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Lucky to have a seat
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJPlt View Post

WOW, just WOW, I don't even know what to say....

Maybe Mesa Suck????
mosquito is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,402
Default

Huh? What's going on?
Purpleanga is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
CRJPlt's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 320B
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
Huh? What's going on?
Looks like JO is doing what he does. Being a little weasel

I'm happy for my brothers and sisters who still work there though. Sounds like a little bit of positive news for the company finally....
CRJPlt is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Luv2Rotate's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,485
Default

Dont they have another lawsuit?
Luv2Rotate is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
CRJPlt's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 320B
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
Dont they have another lawsuit?
They settled with Hawaiian for 52.5 mil or something like that about 8-10 months ago and now just settled with Aloha for 2 million that wasn't set to go to court until April or so I think. So as for those lawsuits they are in the clear.

However, they are suing Mokulele for unpaid fuel costs and Mokulele is suing them for something too. Those lawsuits aren't really that much though...
CRJPlt is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
Dont they have another lawsuit?
Delta. January.
Purpleanga is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Airbus
Posts: 635
Default

So how classy is this. Mesa grossly undercuts and puts higher paid local Aloha pilots out of work, then paints/re-brands their CRJs in Aloha colors. Disgusting.
nwa757 is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
CRJPlt's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 320B
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwa757 View Post
So how classy is this. Mesa grossly undercuts and puts higher paid local Aloha pilots out of work, then paints/re-brands their CRJs in Aloha colors. Disgusting.

But they are giving them travel benefits!!!
CRJPlt is offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #10  
Nice lookin' tree, there!
 
frozenboxhauler's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11, old man
Posts: 2,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJPlt View Post
Mesa Air Group Settles Aloha Lawsuit and Agrees to Enter Long Term Licensing Agreement

Friday November 28, 5:41 pm ET


Mesa Air Group, Inc. today announced that it entered into a settlement with the former controlling shareholder of Aloha Airlines concerning the Aloha Airlines lawsuit over Mesa's Hawaiian inter-island flight services operated under the go! brand name. Under the terms of the settlement, and without admitting any wrongdoing, Mesa agreed:



-- Mesa will make a cash payment of $2 million;

-- Mesa will issue shares of Mesa common stock equal to 10% of its currently outstanding shares;

-- Mesa will provide certain Hawaiian inter-island travel benefits to the former employees of Aloha Airlines;
-- In the event the shareholder is able to purchase the "Aloha" name in the upcoming bankruptcy court auction, it will license the "Aloha" name to Mesa.

"We are extremely pleased to resolve all claims put forward in this litigation and look forward to re-branding service under the Aloha name in the near future," said Jonathan Ornstein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Mesa. "This settlement resolves all claims by Aloha Airlines related to Mesa's entry into the Hawaiian inter-island market and permits us to focus solely on our core competency of providing the best service, convenient schedules and low fare pricing to our customers. We intend to carry on Aloha's proud tradition, maintain Mesa's status as Hawaii's low cost air carrier and look forward to future growth opportunities made possible by this settlement.


WOW, just WOW, I don't even know what to say....
If thre was no wrongdoing why are they being punished? For the life of me, I can't understand how Ornstein can look at himself in the mirror.
fbh
frozenboxhauler is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comair updates? On Autopilot Regional 22580 07-21-2019 07:44 AM
Another Mesa Lawsuit Splanky Regional 4 11-07-2008 11:47 AM
Aloha Air Cargo AirTrucker Cargo 2 11-06-2008 05:37 AM
Mesa Air Group Names New COO hdale Regional 25 10-05-2008 06:50 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 PM.