![]() |
Remaining 9 (Colgan) Q's to IAH
Memo out today, the first 6 next gen's will continue to go to EWR, but the last 9 will go to IAH with the first revenue flight being in February 2011.
|
A memo out on Sunday? Posted where?
|
crew website, crew tab, above BUF closure info
|
What airline?
|
Originally Posted by Diver Driver
(Post 869644)
What airline?
|
When did Colgan get no name posting status? I thought that was only ASA...
|
^
He he he! |
The memo says the remaining nine will be headed to IAH when it speaks about new Q400s. This does not match their previously stated intentions of sending older airplanes down there. I'm sure the memo is not worded correctly.
|
anything about routes?
|
From what I recall, some of the destinations tossed around before were:
ELP OKC Texarkana? Aspen?? DFW? New Orleans CRP HRL and/or MFE Tulsa? There were others, but in all, only a couple were any better than Beaumont :eek: |
Originally Posted by FlyJSH
(Post 870240)
From what I recall, some of the destinations tossed around before were:
ELP OKC Texarkana? Aspen?? DFW? New Orleans CRP HRL and/or MFE Tulsa? There were others, but in all, only a couple were any better than Beaumont :eek: |
I personally find it hard to get excited about this announcement. If we could remember the Q400s should already be in IAH. Don't believe it until they are parked on the pavement. Probably just more management tactics to keep us all content enough while they are screwing with us behind this curtain!
|
Originally Posted by visceral
(Post 869979)
The memo says the remaining nine will be headed to IAH when it speaks about new Q400s. This does not match their previously stated intentions of sending older airplanes down there. I'm sure the memo is not worded correctly.
|
Originally Posted by FlyJSH
(Post 870240)
From what I recall, some of the destinations tossed around before were:
ELP OKC Texarkana? Aspen?? DFW? New Orleans CRP HRL and/or MFE Tulsa? There were others, but in all, only a couple were any better than Beaumont :eek: |
Originally Posted by bravo echo mike
(Post 870370)
I personally find it hard to get excited about this announcement. If we could remember the Q400s should already be in IAH. Don't believe it until they are parked on the pavement. Probably just more management tactics to keep us all content enough while they are screwing with us behind this curtain!
|
Originally Posted by Blackbird
(Post 870455)
I agree, plus where's my contract? We still don't have that also.
We have had a union on property for less than 2 year and in contract negotiations for less than 1 year. Now we are in the fortunate position to negotiate a joint CBA with PNCL/MSA and use Mesaba's strong contact as a starting point with the plan to build on what they have. The Colgan pilots will get a contract that is far better than we could have ever hoped for. Pinnacle pilots have been turning profits for years and still waiting on a contract, now going on 6 years amendable. Mesaba has a strong contract but one that is concessionary in many ways (still strong). And then there is us, Colgan pilots, ALPA for a few years and upset because we still do not have any more cheese after being at the table for 10 months. Colgan pilots need to realize that we are making out very well on this deal and at the end of the day will be part of a near 3000+ pilot group, higher pay rates and work rules, and down the road we will all have access to new flying in locations that will improve our QOL. Also Blackbird, were you on the pilot conference call yesterday? There was a briefing on contract negotiations and plans but only 17 pilots bothered to take the time to get involved and educate themselves on what is going on. That is 17 out of almost 500 pilots! Sad and embarrassing. rant over |
Originally Posted by The Juice
(Post 870470)
This statement is one reason why so many people have anger towards Colgan pilots.
We have had a union on property for less than 2 year and in contract negotiations for less than 1 year. Now we are in the fortunate position to negotiate a joint CBA with PNCL/MSA and use Mesaba's strong contact as a starting point with the plan to build on what they have. The Colgan pilots will get a contract that is far better than we could have ever hoped for. Pinnacle pilots have been turning profits for years and still waiting on a contract, now going on 6 years amendable. Mesaba has a strong contract but one that is concessionary in many ways (still strong). And then there is us, Colgan pilots, ALPA for a few years and upset because we still do not have any more cheese after being at the table for 10 months. Colgan pilots need to realize that we are making out very well on this deal and at the end of the day will be part of a near 3000+ pilot group, higher pay rates and work rules, and down the road we will all have access to new flying in locations that will improve our QOL. Also Blackbird, were you on the pilot conference call yesterday? There was a briefing on contract negotiations and plans but only 17 pilots bothered to take the time to get involved and educate themselves on what is going on. The is 17 out of almost 500 pilots! Sad and embarrassing. rant over I do have to say that I will be very, very surprised if the pilot group stabilizes at 3000+...My guess would be HALF. My logic? SAABs are on the way out just like the 1900 went out, just at a slower pace. EAS flying will be around for the time being, but all the indications are that the PNCL Corp. strategic business plan centers around only TWO fleet types. CRJ-900s on PNCL and Q-400s at Colgan. Perhaps as many as 75 in each fleet, and that is going to be it come 2016 or so would be my guess. PNCL is doing the same thing that Delta is doing with COMAIR, they are just doing it in a different manner...consolidation. And, there is going to be a A LOT more of it. The economy is still anemic, and is even showing signs of an even deeper recession. Fuel costs are only going to go UP, and that is without even considering any unforeseen geopolitical events. The only real hope is that after 2012 when the pilots that got a reprieve on the age 60 thing begin to retire at 65. The legacy carriers will be forced to hire for attrition and a year later will see the implementation of the ATP requirement and in 2012 all airlines will be required to establish AQP/CQP programs and SMS will likely become mandatory from our insurance underwriters. We are living thru a very dynamic time in our industry if not in our nation as a whole. Hopefully, the right people are making the right decisions and we will be gainfully employed. Regards... |
Originally Posted by bravo echo mike
(Post 870370)
I personally find it hard to get excited about this announcement. If we could remember the Q400s should already be in IAH. Don't believe it until they are parked on the pavement. Probably just more management tactics to keep us all content enough while they are screwing with us behind this curtain!
|
Originally Posted by The Juice
(Post 870470)
This statement is one reason why so many people have anger towards Colgan pilots.
We have had a union on property for less than 2 year and in contract negotiations for less than 1 year. Now we are in the fortunate position to negotiate a joint CBA with PNCL/MSA and use Mesaba's strong contact as a starting point with the plan to build on what they have. The Colgan pilots will get a contract that is far better than we could have ever hoped for. Pinnacle pilots have been turning profits for years and still waiting on a contract, now going on 6 years amendable. Mesaba has a strong contract but one that is concessionary in many ways (still strong). And then there is us, Colgan pilots, ALPA for a few years and upset because we still do not have any more cheese after being at the table for 10 months. Colgan pilots need to realize that we are making out very well on this deal and at the end of the day will be part of a near 3000+ pilot group, higher pay rates and work rules, and down the road we will all have access to new flying in locations that will improve our QOL. Also Blackbird, were you on the pilot conference call yesterday? There was a briefing on contract negotiations and plans but only 17 pilots bothered to take the time to get involved and educate themselves on what is going on. That is 17 out of almost 500 pilots! Sad and embarrassing. rant over |
Originally Posted by flyguyniner11
(Post 870530)
Is there a way to listen afterwards. I wanted to call in but I was working.
|
Originally Posted by The Juice
(Post 870470)
That is 17 out of almost 500 pilots! Sad and embarrassing.
rant over |
Originally Posted by AxialFlow
(Post 871354)
Forgive me, I was being extended.
|
Perhaps they could get more participation if conference calls were not in the middle of the day.
Make these "all hands" calls at say 7pm. The day workers would be done, the evening workers would be waiting on the plane to finish an LC, and the stand ups could listen just before show time. |
Originally Posted by FlyJSH
(Post 871568)
Perhaps they could get more participation if conference calls were not in the middle of the day.
Make these "all hands" calls at say 7pm. The day workers would be done, the evening workers would be waiting on the plane to finish an LC, and the stand ups could listen just before show time. |
Yeah...2pm wasn't the brightest idea to say the least.
|
Juice, I am all for the pilot group and the union. But I cant help feel that our reps don't do enough to keep us involved. From experience it seems like they have their group and only update us through a generic email which really dont say to much about where we are. Also I approached one of our reps saying I wanted to volunteer and he never got back to me.
|
Doing nothing, Colgan will have the Mesaba contract. Management knew that when they bought Mesaba, so it is up to US to demand MORE!
It ain't gonna be easy, but I will NOT vote for anything less than the best of Pinnacle and Mesaba PLUS! Pinnacle CORP has the biggest turbo prop fleet (twice as many as Horizon). Not to ignore the jets, but props are THE MOST EFFICIENT at puddle jumping. There is NO other regional that has the prop capacity to replace us. For ONCE, we prop guys have the trump cards. We on the prop side can and must stand firm and force a GOOD contract... FOR ALL AIRCRAFT! If we don't, then I never want to hear any b!tching about work rules, pay, or scheduling: we hold our destiny. |
I also was extended and then junior manned :)
|
Originally Posted by angelaviator
(Post 872869)
I also was extended and then junior manned :)
extended and junior manned here also. Looks like we got the hat trick |
Originally Posted by FlyJSH
(Post 872839)
Doing nothing, Colgan will have the Mesaba contract. Management knew that when they bought Mesaba, so it is up to US to demand MORE!
It ain't gonna be easy, but I will NOT vote for anything less than the best of Pinnacle and Mesaba PLUS! Pinnacle CORP has the biggest turbo prop fleet (twice as many as Horizon). Not to ignore the jets, but props are THE MOST EFFICIENT at puddle jumping. There is NO other regional that has the prop capacity to replace us. For ONCE, we prop guys have the trump cards. We on the prop side can and must stand firm and force a GOOD contract... FOR ALL AIRCRAFT! If we don't, then I never want to hear any b!tching about work rules, pay, or scheduling: we hold our destiny. |
| All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:31 PM. |
Website Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands