Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Regional (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/regional/)
-   -   ASA pool (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/regional/5454-asa-pool.html)

akaviator 08-20-2006 08:44 PM

ASA pool
 
Any word from current ASA pilots as to upcoming classdates?

Slaphappy 08-20-2006 08:57 PM

maybe sooner that you think if the rumor of 15 new planes is true.

jacksjj 08-20-2006 10:18 PM

Sitting in the pool since March. Apparently there are quite a few people walking out the door though.... I hope to get a class real soon, but I wish that wasnt the reason why.

STILL GROUNDED 08-20-2006 10:30 PM


Originally Posted by jacksjj (Post 54417)
Sitting in the pool since March. Apparently there are quite a few people walking out the door though.... I hope to get a class real soon, but I wish that wasnt the reason why.

Are you serious, I got a call on the last day of my IOE to come for the interview in Atlanta, they were ramping up the old guy told me. Glad I didn't give up a job to sit in a pool.

freezingflyboy 08-21-2006 05:23 AM


Originally Posted by STILL GROUNDED (Post 54419)
Are you serious, I got a call on the last day of my IOE to come for the interview in Atlanta, they were ramping up the old guy told me. Glad I didn't give up a job to sit in a pool.

Same thing happened to me. About a week before I finished ground school I got the call.

acl65pilot 08-21-2006 12:38 PM

It apprears that there may be some movement at the contract table. If this gets resolved there will be a lot of new pilots and planes coming to the property. All of the hiring is dependent upon the contract getting signed.

jacksjj 08-21-2006 01:56 PM

Whats the word on the "movement" at the table?

Im not really up on whats going on with the contract. Is this thing days/weeks/months away from getting an agreement or what?

GreatView 08-21-2006 05:55 PM


Originally Posted by acl65pilot (Post 54544)
It apprears that there may be some movement at the contract table. If this gets resolved there will be a lot of new pilots and planes coming to the property. All of the hiring is dependent upon the contract getting signed.

We've had movement many times in the past, with no resolve. Until we get something to vote on, I wouldn't hold my breath....

Speaking of movements, my bowel seems to be active...

rickair7777 08-21-2006 07:34 PM

FWIW, there are whole bunch of ASA FO's in SKW groundschool right now...that has got to be creating some vacancies.

D'Angelo 08-21-2006 08:29 PM


Originally Posted by akaviator (Post 54405)
Any word from current ASA pilots as to upcoming classdates?

Beware of going to ASA. You know ASA stands for Always Super Arrogant right? That's right they are trying to rob the company blind as we speak.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:22 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands