Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2015, 04:37 AM   #71  
Gets Weekends Off
 
wmupilot85's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Reclined seat
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentB25 View Post
Any update with the EFB's? Have they started distributing them yet?
Yep, just got mine on Monday.

wmupilot85 is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 01:01 PM   #72  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT
Posts: 2,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentB25 View Post
Any update with the EFB's? Have they started distributing them yet?

They stared handing them out a couple of weeks ago. Last base starts getting them first week of October.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nevets is offline  
Old 09-17-2015, 10:43 PM   #73  
Line Holder
 
arouth's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentB25 View Post
I have accepted a start date of September 14, 2015. Class is in ATL. Any one else have this start date? I chose the CRJ, any recommended study materials I should catch up on prior to training? Generally how long is the training? Do I get to choose 200/700/900 or is it assigned? See you in class!!
After your first week of training, I was wondering if there were any tips for things to review ahead of time? I've heard the "just show up" strategy before...but usually there are some major points in the course that you can read up on ahead of time to make things less painful.

Thanks!
arouth is offline  
Old 10-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #74  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Rayeli's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 144
Default

Do you have a ride report from how class went? What was the timeline? What equipment/base did you get? Was anybody in your class able to hold ATL? Do you have any comments about the training process in general?
Rayeli is offline  
Old 10-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #75  
Rerouted On Weekends
 
Jaww's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 320B
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayeli View Post
Do you have a ride report from how class went? What was the timeline? What equipment/base did you get? Was anybody in your class able to hold ATL? Do you have any comments about the training process in general?
If you want Atlanta you will probably get it relatively quick if not out of training. It will probably be in the 200 though. DFW seems to be the flavor of the week for training drops but it changes every drop it seems.
Jaww is offline  
Old 10-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #76  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Rayeli's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaww View Post
If you want Atlanta you will probably get it relatively quick if not out of training. It will probably be in the 200 though. DFW seems to be the flavor of the week for training drops but it changes every drop it seems.
How long does it seem to hold a line in Atlanta? Also do you know what the training timeline is like and what it consists of? Is the initial sim training for the CRJ AQP?
Rayeli is offline  
Old 10-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #77  
Line Holder
 
dudewheresmycar's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 28
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentB25 View Post
I have accepted a start date of September 14, 2015. Class is in ATL. Any one else have this start date? I chose the CRJ, any recommended study materials I should catch up on prior to training? Generally how long is the training? Do I get to choose 200/700/900 or is it assigned? See you in class!!
Welcome! Great company! Awesome crews! time to upgrade and off reserve is definitely long but good pilot contracts to help offset that. Training departments for both sides are absolutely the best in the regional industry. Overnight hotels for the most part are great. Dont let the doom and gloomers scare you. They are most likely recruiters from other airlines or the negative 5% at any company.... You will have fun here. Welcome!
dudewheresmycar is offline  
Old 10-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #78  
Line Holder
 
Drum's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 97
Default

Conditional offer from XJT.

I've read the thread, very "spirited" at times, and have a few questions for the XJT folks.

When do you pick the type aircraft? Is that prior to training, as I assume they have to determine this prior to training location (ERJ = IAH, CRJ = ATL). Wasn't clear in the brief at the interview. I remember they asked us sometime during the initial briefing, via a show of hands, who was interested in ERJ and who was interested in CRJ. Not sure if that amounted to anything.

Assume I pick CRJ, the bids for base then occur during training correct? If so at what point during training? Piggy back on that, what about model (-2/-7/-9) does that happen same time? Or is it on an as needed basis?

Yes, we know reserve awaits the new hire. Where can a new hire get gouge on crash pads? Does XJT have some network to tap into to get the lowdown?

My home is in TPA, that is why I'm asking. I understand commuting to reserve is not optimal, but doable. What do the majority of dudes/dudettes on reserve do if they are commuters? Crash pad, or something else (e.g. best way to go about commuting)?

Thread is informative on the bidding for reserve (if their is such a thing, excuse my ignorance I'm new to 121 ops). My goal (background is ex-mil fighter guy with 3K + of turbine PIC) is to maximize my hours within regs (and not to upset the status quo). How would one go about that? Not trying to put cart before horse, I still have to get through initial successfully. But any info you can offer would be great. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Drum; 10-27-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Drum is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 01:24 AM   #79  
Rerouted On Weekends
 
Jaww's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 320B
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Conditional offer from XJT.

I've read the thread, very "spirited" at times, and have a few questions for the XJT folks.

When do you pick the type aircraft? Is that prior to training, as I assume they have to determine this prior to training location (ERJ = IAH, CRJ = ATL). Wasn't clear in the brief at the interview. I remember they asked us sometime during the initial briefing, via a show of hands, who was interested in ERJ and who was interested in CRJ. Not sure if that amounted to anything.

Assume I pick CRJ, the bids for base then occur during training correct? If so at what point during training? Piggy back on that, what about model (-2/-7/-9) does that happen same time? Or is it on an as needed basis?

Yes, we know reserve awaits the new hire. Where can a new hire get gouge on crash pads? Does XJT have some network to tap into to get the lowdown?

My home is in TPA, that is why I'm asking. I understand commuting to reserve is not optimal, but doable. What do the majority of dudes/dudettes on reserve do if they are commuters? Crash pad, or something else (e.g. best way to go about commuting)?

Thread is informative on the bidding for reserve (if their is such a thing, excuse my ignorance I'm new to 121 ops). My goal (background is ex-mil fighter guy with 3K + of turbine PIC) is to maximize my hours within regs (and not to upset the status quo). How would one go about that? Not trying to put cart before horse, I still have to get through initial successfully. But any info you can offer would be great. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your time.
I picked my jet at the end of the interview. The jet determines whether you go to Atlanta or Houston for training (CRJ and ERJ respectively).

I'm CRJ and all models and bases are on the table as of late. My class of 6 had 2 go to each base. You either fly the 200 or the 700/900. DFW only has 200s and DTW only has 700/900s. There is a lot of movement so if you don't get something on the initial drop you can change your standing bid while still in training and possibly hold your desired base shortly after IOE.

Crash pads are done by many. I am in DFW and the hotels there are only $30/night so I do that and have call me first on my reserve so I can get overnights and thus a free hotel. Not sure on the network but we have an internal classified page. Call me first is also going to be your best bet (on CRJ side) to get a call for more flying. ERJs have a aggressive pick up thing everyday that I'm not intelligent enough to talk about.

You'll be fine with training with your mil background. If you struggle they quickly give you extra sims and attention. They are there to pass not fail you. It's a friendly training department.
Jaww is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #80  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Vito's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757/767 Capt
Posts: 482
Default

Jaww,
Quick question here. I'm not familiar with anything going on at the Regionals, but from what I've been reading it looks like the ExpressJet pilots voted down a T/A back in 2014. What is the current progress of contract talks, if there's any progress at all?
Vito is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
crj, expressjet, new hire
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MGT Posturing? T Dawg United 9 09-19-2010 09:25 AM
American Eagle Spin OFF will be like Express Jet? maveric311 Regional 30 12-14-2007 02:30 AM
Express Jet Mins? V1Rotate Regional 8 10-13-2007 05:13 PM
express jet preludespeeder Regional 49 08-18-2007 09:41 AM
Express Jet is all right with me!!! flyboy1987 Major 10 02-22-2007 02:50 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:04 AM.